BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How good is Behr ThermoStats?

13862 Views 13 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  da geez
I remember Reading some thread here. I can't find it if my life depended on it. Where there is 2 plastics tab that is holding in the Stat. Read somewhere about the base of the tab is the weak point and some Thermostat are good and some are nono....:dunno:

-TrippinBimmer

BTW: I ordered it from Autohaus. (Suppose to be OEM or Wahler)
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Don't know about Behr, but my Wahler (bought from Autohaus) has been working just fine so far.
Behr is an OEM supplier. Have it in my car (and put them on several customer cars) and seems to work fine.
I have one as well, no problems.
Ive used both behr and whaler with no problems. The stainless steel impellor is the important thing here.
He is talking about the t-stat not water pump...
Ive used both behr and whaler with no problems. The stainless steel impellor is the important thing here.
Awesome...BMW got so much plastic stuff its not funny... :eeps:
NO...it isnt funny at all!! Plastic has its place but BMW has gone overboard.
Awesome...BMW got so much plastic stuff its not funny... :eeps:
edited:
NO...it isnt funny at all!! Quality plastic has its place but BMW has none.
Fixed!;)
+1, you beat me to it. I am amazed at how often the plastic parts in these cars seem to break and leave you with head aches.
edited:

Fixed!;)
The best thermostat you can buy is made by Motorad. As far as I know, it is the only automotive thermostat that will fail in the open position - a huge advantage. http://www.motoradusa.com/products/failsafethermo/index.html
Mine failed/was failing in the open position. Kept getting codes stating "engine coolant temperature was lower than specified" or something to that effect.

Then the CEL would go off. Pull the codes 3 different times after it went on again and got the same thing. Wasn't too concerned going through the end of summer but cooler weather is upon us now so I made it a priority to change it...and then broke the bleeder screw...:thumbup:
If this is the best you say? Then I'm Really happy with my Behr. The product list shows a Behr. :D

-TrippinBimmer
The best thermostat you can buy is made by Motorad. As far as I know, it is the only automotive thermostat that will fail in the open position - a huge advantage. http://www.motoradusa.com/products/failsafethermo/index.html
Well, if it fails, and T-stats do fail, you're far less likely to overheat and cause engine damage.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.