BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm not in the market yet, I wonder. Is it important to buy from the dealership where your car will be serviced? In other words, how important is it to buy locally? For example, I would expect the local dealer to be more willing to provide a loaner vehicle to a customer who bought from him than to a customer who bought from another state.

--Greg

·
The Driver
4,641 Posts
It's irrelevant. When I moved to Miami from Atlanta I got great service at the BMW dealer in Miami. After I bought a car from them I got the same service. No difference.

·
Expert on nothing
209 Posts
Not important at all. I buy mine in Boston and have them serviced in Hartford.

·
Chairman of the Bored
3,284 Posts
Ditto, I buy mine in Atlanta and have them serviced in Florida. The only issue is many dealers will not give you a loaner if you didn't buy from them.

·
The Driver
4,641 Posts
Ditto, I buy mine in Atlanta and have them serviced in Florida. The only issue is many dealers will not give you a loaner if you didn't buy from them.
I get BMW loaners from Braman and Vista even though I didn't buy from them.

·
Registered
462 Posts
actually I received better loners here in PA that I did FL, to the OP just cause you have a good sale experience does not guarantee a good service experience.

·
Greg Poland Pacific BMW
3,135 Posts
The service (warranty) is the same at all BMW Centers... however each store has it's owner loaner car policy.... best to check in advance if that is a concern of yours.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
The service (warranty) is the same at all BMW Centers... however each store has it's owner loaner car policy.... best to check in advance if that is a concern of yours.
This is correct. I have a good relationship with my Service assistant at Nalley BMW and he treats me with the utmost respect and gives me a BMW loaner for cars that i did not buy frm them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts