BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone knows how long a car can sit in Bremerhaven awaiting a boat ride. My car has been built since July 25, and I saw on one of the posts that BMW "says" it shouldn't be more than 3-4 days before the cars get put on a boat and shipped. They also mentioned that boats leave the port every three or four days as well. Sounds kind of bogus to me. Can anyone help me with that please, thanks

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts
Have you asked your CA or called BMW NA?

Order status on the BMW website is usually inaccurate.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well, I can tell you from personal experience, cars can sit for several days, even a week or more at the port, waiting for a boat. My 135 completed production on July 12th, and currently is still waiting on a boat at port.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's what I've heard

It seems depending on who you listen to that can be the case. I heard that pre-sold US cars have priority over any other type of car. Yet I 've also heard that only FULL boats leave the port. Could also be that they are NOT manufacturing cars in Aug so the boat will fill up much slower than any other time of the year. My dealer "promised" me early Sept delivery. That looks really suspect now. The bad part is that there appears to be NO way to find out where the car is OR nobody is willing to be forthright and tell you where it is, other than sitting on a dock waiting to be loaded onto the boat. Hell, I"m going to be in Munich at the end of this month, might be worth it to switch it back to ED and drive it around if its going to be sitting there collecting dirt and dust

·
'Fest Dealer
244 Posts
I have an M3 sitting waiting for a boat since the 25th for a customer.

When they ship cars - they ship thousand of them. The sold cars just get put on last so they come off first.

Probably just waiting to have enough cars to fill the boat.

Hopefully the boat leave soon. He's getting antsy!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Same here, just found out my 135 is on the Baltic Highway (a K-Line boat, not a WW boat), due in port in Baltimore on Aug 9th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.