BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
JoeB
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ordered 2016 X6 sDrive 35i. The status says it is in production. It has been in this status for over a week. How long does it stay in production before it changes. I am looking forward to this car and I keep checking the status almost every hour. :dunno:
My configuration is as follows

Model Code 16XU X6 sDrive35i

Color
Space Gray Metallic
Coral Red/Black Dakota Leather

ZDA Driver Assistance Package
3AG Rear view camera
610 Head-up Display

ZDB Driver Assistance Plus
5AG Active Blind Spot Detection
5AS Active Driving Assistant
5DL Surround View Cameras
8TH Speed Limit Info

ZPP Premium Package
322 Comfort Access keyless entry
4NB 4-zone automatic climate control
655 Satellite radio with 1 year subscription

323 Soft close doors
328 Aluminum running boards
456 Multi-contour seats
4B9 Brushed Aluminum Trim
4M5 Leather Dash Board
6NS Smartphone Integration
688 Harman Kardon surround sound system

·
Registered
109 Posts
It won't be long now

Mine was in production for about a week, started on 7/31, changed over to finishing touches about August 10th and was at the dealer on 8/14. Granted your transport will be longer but it won't be long now :roundel:

·
JoeB
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response cmyx5go. Changed to finishing touches 2 days ago. can't be long now. Though it might take a few more days to get to LA.
Those that got theirs, please let me know what your impressions are. I am so looking forward to getting mine.

·
JoeB
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Production Update

Still in "Finishing Touches" for 11 days. My dealer said it should be here by saturday. Very excited can't wait. I need to hear from those who got theirs. How does it drive and what should I look out for.;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered my new 2016 X6 on 9/3 and picked it up at the dealership on 9/22. From Order to on the road in 20 days. And I believe it was actually delivered to the dealership on 9/20 as I could have picked it up on 9/21 but couldn't get to the dealer.

I did notice that the BMW website had at least a 48 hour delay on status updates. I would get my updates directly from the dealership who had access to up to the minute status.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Please post pics of the interior when you get it. I was considering the coral but chickened out ordering sight unseen.

I'm a month in but after having 2 E71s, I'm still getting used to the differences. It hasn't been a easy transition for me. I'll hold off with comments until you post your thoughts.

I noticed this time that the status changes didn't include waiting for transport and in transit. It goes from finishing touches right to at your dealer so it could be in sooner than you think. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Please post pics of the interior when you get it. I was considering the coral but chickened out ordering sight unseen.

I'm a month in but after having 2 E71s, I'm still getting used to the differences. It hasn't been a easy transition for me. I'll hold off with comments until you post your thoughts.

I noticed this time that the status changes didn't include waiting for transport and in transit. It goes from finishing touches right to at your dealer so it could be in sooner than you think. :D
Just got mine over the weekend, didn't take many interior pictures. Mineral White exterior.

Attachments

·
JoeB
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks great. Coral Red /black interior is very nice . I am getting Space gray with the Coral Red interior. My SA said mine will be at the dealership by Tuesday. Can't wait. I will post pictures when i get it.
thanks for all your thoughts and advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.