BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! First posting for me. Can some of you tell me your experience with how much time it takes to receive delivery of my 330ci once it has entered Status 160? Some people in BMW North America say 4 weeks, others 5, and others 6-8 weeks.

I am counting each day, as you can imagine!

Thanks in advance!

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
I have a timeline that I put together right here. Your timeline may differ a bit. The bulk of the time from here on is the time on the ship. I have a link to their site on the page linked above where you can view their sailing dates. Hope that helps & good luck!

--SONET

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SONET,
I noticed on your page that you have pics of the Regensberg plant. Where did you find these? I did some Yahoo searches and could not find anything on the plant. I found plenty of pages in German about the city, but nothing I could decipher. (I know, I'm just one of those damn Americans dependent on English.) :tsk:

My 330Ci is being made there right now, so I'm interested in finding out as much as I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
GimpyMcFarlan said:
SONET,
I noticed on your page that you have pics of the Regensberg plant. Where did you find these? I did some Yahoo searches and could not find anything on the plant. I found plenty of pages in German about the city, but nothing I could decipher. (I know, I'm just one of those damn Americans dependent on English.) :tsk:

My 330Ci is being made there right now, so I'm interested in finding out as much as I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Gimpy,

What is your factory code on your VIN for Regensberg? Do you have a J or a P or some other letter? I think my 330Ci was made in Munich, I have a letter P, but some say they think P is for Regensberg (at least some from MY2002) BMWNA swears to me that P means Munich now.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
rbright said:
What is your factory code on your VIN for Regensberg? Do you have a J or a P or some other letter?
I have a "J" in my VIN. So I'm assuming that this is the designation is for Regensberg. I have only seen the VIN decoder on the 330Ci web site. I haven't seen any of the other decoders out there. :dunno:

FWIW... My current 323i has the "K" designation for the Munich plant. And it has been a very reliable auto. I'll be sad to see it go. :cry:

I'm anxious to learn more about the Regensberg plant if anyone out there has info about it. I certainly hope the "Rattlesberg" syndrome is over. :mad:

·
Registered
362 Posts
So far that is 2 MY03 330Ci with code J from the same factory. So it seems that for some reason my car might have been made at "P", which very likely could be Munich.

Anyone else with a P code or anyone else with a MY03 330Ci with their VIN yet?

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
I searched like mad using Google (what else?) before I finally found those pics. I think I have others as well (somewhere around here, who knows where). Those pics were taken during a tour done by a middle(?) school in the area where they learned about the plant. I don't have the URL but I'm sure it will turn up in a search.

--SONET

1 - 8 of 8 Posts