Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm am a newbie to the forum but thought I would ask what the wait for a new M3 was looking like?? Anything else to know about the order/wait process?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
74 Posts
In Colorado, I've been recently told it's still
over a year for an M3. That's an improvement
from 18 months,which was the waiting period
here since the M3's came out with the new engine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the links all...I was told by my local dealer that I was probably looking at a November delivery date...seems like a lousy time to take delivery....may have to wait a few more months if that is the case. Good thing is that this dealer would give me a MSRP deal...I assume that is good.....are others marking it up and if so, how much? Any care to share their recent purchase experiences?

20,210 Posts
A November delivery date isn't all that long---the earliest POSSIBLE you could take delivery of a car built to your specs would be if a dealer got an August build allocation this month, which would mean September delivery.

If you're interested I'd say go for it, if you were pleased with this particular dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
M3 wait from order to build - 30 days !

Found a dealer on the net -- roadfly.com classifieds -- that sold me a 6/7 build slot in early May. I pick the car up in Spartanburg at the Perf Center. It's on a ship right now.

I'll end up waiting longer for the delivery than I did from order to build !

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'd definitely check around with many dealers.... The one I went to buy my 330 told me at least a 36 month wait because of the list of people on his 'M3 Waiting list', but then I went down to York and they told me I could have one the same time I was getting my 330.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Rufus330Ci said:
I'd definitely check around with many dealers.... The one I went to buy my 330 told me at least a 36 month wait because of the list of people on his 'M3 Waiting list', but then I went down to York and they told me I could have one the same time I was getting my 330.
You did buy from CVM though right:dunno:

Was Shaull willing to sell at MSRP?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I bought from CVM mid-May yup. I went through Lynn though. He accepted the 39910 (1100 under MSRP) and threw in the floormats. It came to 43200 around there after tax and tags and $20 luxury fee for having a car over 40k.... I also got all the options I wanted premium,sport,cold weather packages,bi-xenon, alarm I was going to opt for the cd changer but he was going to charge me like 995 to install one..... I'll do it myself maybe that alpine conversion people were talking about on here. I can't wait to get it though should be mid-july after I get back from the beach. Definitely gotta meet up and go cruisin ;O) The garage is almost done too this is lining up perfectly.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Rufus330Ci said:
I bought from CVM mid-May yup. I went through Lynn though. He accepted the 39910 (1100 under MSRP) and threw in the floormats. It came to 43200 around there after tax and tags and $20 luxury fee for having a car over 40k.... I also got all the options I wanted premium,sport,cold weather packages,bi-xenon, alarm I was going to opt for the cd changer but he was going to charge me like 995 to install one..... I'll do it myself maybe that alpine conversion people were talking about on here. I can't wait to get it though should be mid-july after I get back from the beach. Definitely gotta meet up and go cruisin ;O) The garage is almost done too this is lining up perfectly.
:thumbup:

I look forward to it. Tough times for getting rock bottom prices though. I was really lucky with mine 1500 over mats and all. That's ~ 2300 under MSRP (pre increase prices):bigpimp:

·
M Mad
10,479 Posts
Call around. See what you can get.

After being jerked around adn lied to by one dealer, I went looking for a new dealer.

Two calls later (yes, I was lucky) I found a dealer with an allocation just before it could no longer be changed.

Total time from order to delivery, 8 weeks. Feb 23 to April 22.

What ever you do, I HIGHLY suggest doing a Performance Center Delivery. The only cost to you is the airfare and the cost of driving back.

For that you get a short driving class, and the chance to mess around with THEIR cars on THEIR tires, you get a museum tour, by then a factory tour (closed now for Z4 production) and a PROPER delivery. No, here's the keys have fun. The delivery itself takes about 2 hours. They go over every booklet and piece of paper. They go over every switch and control. They go over every do and don't of break in. No excuses after this delivery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice suggestion on the delivery....my boss just bought a Z8 a few months back...he has the option to go to a 2 day road course session and flog a few of their cars....Z8s I believe.

cool thing is....he gets to take a guest. I'm pressing hard on this one....think he is scheduled some time mid-fall. How cool would it be to pick up a new M3 at the same time.:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just left my local Colorado Springs dealer and asked a sales rep what the "waiting list" is for an M3... His response was 5 - 6 people are on the
list for the Coupe, and there is no waiting list
for a convertible. A this dealer, 5 to 6 people
waiting for a coupe translates to 5 - 6 months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts