BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How long to build and recieve an E90?

How long does it take from the date of production to the date recieved? Dealer says my build date is May 21st.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ordered 3/26
arrived VPC 4/27
Arrived in Dallas 05/06 , although I think there was a hold up due to the Launch being on the 6th...

How's things in T town ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
t-town

Starting to warm up here in T-town. It would be alot better if my 330 was ready by the end of June.

So looks like 5-6 weeks from the build date.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Deucer said:
How long does it take from the date of production to the date recieved? Dealer says my build date is May 21st.

I did a search on couple of forums, it seems like 2 months from when you order it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a VIN #

Just checked the Owners Circle and it says Scheduled for Production and I now have a VIN number. Getting closer...... :thumbup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Why didn't you ask the dealer if there was any car with the exact options you want in inventory? All BMW dealers have access to the inventory system and dealers typically trade cars. I was able to order my 330i with all the options I wanted and will pick it up in two weeks. The dealer was able to find 6 cars in the country with the exact options that were either at the prep center or on the boat over to the U.S.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Originally ordered my 330i on February 12th. It was built and enroute to the VPC when I decided that I didn't like the interior combination I originally chose (Grey with Poplar wood). Cancelled and re-odered a different car (Sparkling Graphite with Black/Aluminum interior) on April 20th. According to the BMW OC, it's already built and enroute to the VPC with a scheduled delivery date of May 24th. How time flies....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vehicle prodcuction complete...

Called the 1-800 number and vehicle production is complete and waiting to be released to the carrier.

How long should I expect it to be waiting to be released to the carrier?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts