BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help!

My X5 E70 2011 xDrive35i gasoline almost reaching 100,000 km, anyone know how many fluid holds the:

- Transfer case
- Front differential
- Rear differential
- Transmission (if flushing the entire system, including the power converter and the lines)
- Transmission (if just drain - refill fluid and changing the filter)

Any information will be appreciated,
Thanks a lot,

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Need help!

My X5 E70 2011 xDrive35i gasoline almost reaching 100,000 km, anyone know how many fluid holds the:

- Transfer case
- Front differential
- Rear differential
- Transmission (if flushing the entire system, including the power converter and the lines)
- Transmission (if just drain - refill fluid and changing the filter)

Any information will be appreciated,
Thanks a lot,
1. DO NOT FLUSH!
2. If replacing transmission filter and just draining, 5-7ltr.
3. TC=0.49ltr.
4. Not sure about differentials.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
The trans filter is part of the pan. You need a new pan of you want new filter which is good idea at 100,000km.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
317 Posts
Front diff is only 650ml~
Rear Diff 900ml~
LCI have the ZF 8hp45, 5.5L when R&R pan/filter, also engine has to run and trans has to be in specific temp in order to hold all 5.5L (not sure on temp spec)

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Front diff is only 650ml~
Rear Diff 900ml~
LCI have the ZF 8hp45, 5.5L when R&R pan/filter, also engine has to run and trans has to be in specific temp in order to hold all 5.5L (not sure on temp spec)
I think temp. is 35c, but not 100% sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks you all for the info,

Today i got the vehicle back after a week of intense labor in a local garage and they change:

- Engine oil and filter
- AC filters
- Transmission fluid and filter with oil pan (without flushing the system)
- Transfer case fluid
- Front and rear differential

They also fix a leak in the crank case, replacing the gasket, rear retainer and the turbo oil return pipe,

Also clean the thottle body and replace two engine mount and the two front strut mount,

The vehicle feels very very good, but still "sometimes" hesitate a "little bit" when is in a stop. And when engage reverse gear, still produce in sometimes a noise and feel it in the pedal and in the steering wheel, don't know what it is,

Once again, thank you all for all the advice and info,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts