BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
2006 with 56k km on it. 6.5ltr per 100km on highway. Yes it is a diesel.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Bimmer App

·
Spineguy
110 Posts
issues

I have had a few issues. Last year my A/C system had a leak. I had hoses and coolant replaced. I turned on the A/C recently and no cool air. I still have a leak somewhere. They couldn't find it, injected the system with dye, and when I no longer feel cool air I am to bring the car in so they can use the UV light to spot the leak. I have a 2 year warranty on the original A/C work, so hopefully it is covered. I also had a dsc module crap out, but I've got a good SA that took care of it gratis even though the car is out of warranty. We bought 2 bmw's from the dealership, so he was able to swing a one time good faith repair for me. Saved me over $1000.

That is about it, knock on wood. QUOTE=madurodave;5978388]Great!

Any major issues?

I get a little worried as I approach 100k. My CPO safety net is almost gone![/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1 Posts
04, x3. 114,400 miles.
Had to have ac blower changed as well as the separator. Big $$$$$, which should have been covered under warranty but I missed the boat on that one. there is a service bulletin out on the separator so you may want to have the dealer see if it applies to you. Also need to have a gasket replaced. Had the temp gauge replaced, water pump, and two pulleys replaced. But when you consider that the car has a value of 12k and is paid for with all other service covered under the warranty, I can't complain.

·
Spineguy
110 Posts
Leak

That's too bad to hear you have a leak too. My SA told me it is a good idea to run the A/C for a little bit each month, even in winter. He said it was better that letting it sit for 3 months like most of us do in the winter.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.