BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im planing a trip with my '06 325xi from pennsylvania to florida. its about 1050 miles and i was wondering if it is too much to drive strait in one day?

Im also wondering how long i should drive for before giving the car a break and how long is an adequate break?

·
<- Bailey
7,656 Posts
im planing a trip with my '06 325xi from pennsylvania to florida. its about 1050 miles and i was wondering if it is too much to drive strait in one day?

Im also wondering how long i should drive for before giving the car a break and how long is an adequate break?
A general rule of thumb is to not expect to cover more than 50-60 miles an hour, including breaks. Personally, I generally max out at around 600 to 700 miles a day. A 600 mile day usually takes around 10 hours, even though I typically drive about 10 mph over the speed limit on highways.

A well serviced car does not need a 'break' per se. Just make sure you prep the car before the trip, and have all of your fluids at the correct levels, the tire pressure set correctly, and no strange sounds coming from anyplace.

·
Super Moderator
8,062 Posts

That's a lot and will take a long time. I drive 650 miles in a day a few times/year. It takes 10-11 hours with stops to eat and rest. I also share this drive with my wife. It's a long day. I can't imagine 1000+ miles in one day.

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts