Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i measure how many MPG i get with my '86 E30 ? or is there like an average that you people get ? im still new to my car so im pretty foreign to these things

·
Rather Large Member
4,553 Posts
Well in my 88is, the obc says I average 23, but upon doing the math at last fill up, it's 26 mpg.

·
BMW Genius @ BMW Portland
2,200 Posts
I average like 20ishhh. My last tank that I averaged before the speedo and tripometer thing stopped working I got 13 because I was driving very aggressively. Plus, my o2 sensor is bad I believe.

Actually, I know it's bad.

·
Registered
52 Posts
the last fill i got 23 with my 86....btw anyone know the tank size in the 325?...the book says 15 but i've only been able to put 12 even past r

·
Rather Large Member
4,553 Posts
the last fill i got 23 with my 86....btw anyone know the tank size in the 325?...the book says 15 but i've only been able to put 12 even past r
Sounds like your fuel gauge/sender is a bit off. Pretty common in these cars. 15 is about correct.

·
livin large
7,560 Posts
im gettin about 23ish mainly city, highyway city mix0 about 25, but i normally have a mountain bike on the bike. i havnt done a complete highway test yet, im waiting to cut the cat before i do actual tests.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
18mpg driving like a retard and 23/25mpg driving good.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
i got 23 driving from md to tx this past week, 80 mph w/ the windows up and a/c on.

·
Rather Large Member
4,553 Posts
m42 318's should get somewhere around 30-35 mpg. I'm lookin for one right now myself.

As for a 320 or the m10 318's, I dunno.

·
Banned
0 Posts
At cruise the M10 will easily eat 30 mpg. In traffic or city it really depends on your driving style. Im a lead foot and get about 15mpg city.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I get about 12 litres/100km around town on my '87 325e (that's about 24 mpg for you guys in the US who haven't bothered getting with the metric system yet!) That's pretty darn reasonable given that my wife's 4 cylinder 2.1 litre SAAB gets the same around town, and given that my beemer has 290,000 kms on the clock plus another couple of cylinders. I know people love to knock the eta's, but for a "to work and back" machine it a little ripper (particularly when fuel here costs about $1.70 per litre).

1 - 20 of 47 Posts