BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my 22's for close to 2 months now and all 4 are bent :bawling:

3 of them have minor dents in the inner barrel and were able to be balanced out (road-force) but the 4th still has some problems.

I knew this was going to happen but not this quick, how many of you guys have bent wheels? Do you get them fixed right away? or just ride it out? :dunno:

I almost wish I could have a monthly plan with the wheel manufacturers to send me a new set every week while I send them back the olds ones to be fixed :rofl::eek:

·
Banned
638 Posts
I cracked my front right OEM style 128 21" after only 1 1/2 months, and they dont even have lips. Rims are easy to bent/break on a decent size pothole.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so can you only have 22's in like Montana or something? I drive 4 miles out of my way on my work commute just to avoid some crappy roads but even the "new" roads are still killing me...

Maybe its time for some solid titanium wheels instead of this silly stuff they call steel...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I had many bends but none leaked on my GFG's. Finally, they were skimming the road and where they had stopped had about a 3"-4" lip on the pavement and when I hit that, it blew both of my front tires out and put a large bend in each of them. I had them for over a year before it happened

·
Sleek Sam
3,518 Posts
I've bent all 4 of my asanti wheels in no time. I just ride it out. Set your PSI a little higher. That might help prevent the wheels from bending so easily.

·
Registered
12,022 Posts
Hey manit, didnt you buy them used?? You probv bought them bent:(, most used rims are bent which is why people sell them, I just had one of my 128's straightened and its still slightly off....I will be buying a new one.:rolleyes:

·
Sleek Sam
3,518 Posts
Hey manit, didnt you buy them used?? You probv bought them bent:(, most used rims are bent which is why people sell them, I just had one of my 128's straightened and its still slightly off....I will be buying a new one.:rolleyes:
Thats true, almost all used wheels I have seen for sale for our cars are bent. Why would anyone sell a perfect set of $6,000 rims for less than a third of the price?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They werent when I got them because I had them balanced at the same place. they were all well within spec then with about 9lbs on the road-force balancer.

They've all gotten slowly worse. The roads here suck, especially the railroad tracks but I didnt think wheels would start bending so quickly :mad:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Actually with all of the bends, mine did not vibrate the least bit. Rode smooth and I was completely shocked when I took them off due to all of the bends.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I think that its the price you pay for putting over sized rims, made from aluminum or alloy on the car and running tires that have little sidewall..All the cars that I have seen like this posted like this I had those thoughts...they must bend rims pretty fast.

On my 540 I went to 18's and metal rims..its not as low profile but I've not had one problem with the rims or tires in over two years

·
Sleek Sam
3,518 Posts
:rofl::rofl: im never comin to your shop! :eek:
Why would you say that? :cry:

Thats how I temporary fixed my wheels. It was losing air before, so I just hammered the high spot. You see, I am searching for new wheels, thats why I did not want to pay to get these ones fixed. The lead hammer does not damage the inner barrels. They use lead hammers on knock off wire wheels. On a customers car, I send out the wheels to get fixed, or just tell them to buy a new one.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts