BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My wait feels like forever! I placed my order Sept 9th and still waiting. I gave my Acura 2 weeks ago as a trade in and I'm borrowing my mom's car to go to work. I can't wait for it to come! We definitely gotta have a meet!

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
CarFreak said:
My wait feels like forever! I placed my order Sept 9th and still waiting. I gave my Acura 2 weeks ago as a trade in and I'm borrowing my mom's car to go to work. I can't wait for it to come! We definitely gotta have a meet!
I am up for a meet . . . what made you trade it in so early ?

I am waiting until the day I pick my car up to trade it in.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Alan F said:

I am up for a meet . . . what made you trade it in so early ?

I am waiting until the day I pick my car up to trade it in.
My salesman said I wouldnt get the price I got quoted for if I trade it in 2 months later. I guess it was BS, but I fell for it. This is my 1st trade in so I had no idea.

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
CarFreak said:

My salesman said I wouldnt get the price I got quoted for if I trade it in 2 months later. I guess it was BS, but I fell for it. This is my 1st trade in so I had no idea.
He was being honest with you . . . I got a price for the trade in at the time I put my deposit down but they are going to re-evaluate the car around delivery time. I am sure the price will be at least $500 lower because the value is ALWAYS going down.

It would normally be a waste to have the car evaluated early but at the time of my deal I told my salesman there was no deal if I didn't get full book value so he suggested let's look at it now so 'we can tell you if your even gonna get book value now' and if there is a problem with my car, they'd let me know right then and there . . . anyoway after looking at it, it was agreed in writing that I would get full book value at the time of trade in if the car was in the same condition.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Full book value? What book was that? My dealer is offering waaay under dealer trade in value for kelly blue book and nada. I'm getting the shaft aren't I?

·
Registered
105 Posts
hiya. glen cove, nassau north here.

2001 325Ci SP, Topaz Blue
no mods. well, i have a set of racing rims/tires (17x8 BBS RK w/kumho v700), but that's it.

hey, long islanders, wanna meet up at nassau coliseum on 11/3 saturday? there's gonna be a NY BMWCCA autocross event there ( http://www.nybmwcca.org/autocross/ ). we can use that lot to just meet up and stuff if you want. i'll be racing that day, but i can stop by and say hi. (hey, come down and race with me if you want...) sounds good? :)

·
Seoul Brotha...
32 Posts
:thumbup:
Hello... Lived in Woodbury for about 20 years... Syosset High School class of '94. NYU Stern class of '98.
working/living here in Seoul, Korea now though.
BMW's are way too expensive here. Wanted to bring my 2001330Ci and 2001X5 here, but they were going to tax me 35% on full purchase value to import them. So, dumped the X5, gave the e46 to my brother.

Just got into a new 330i sedan here... love it... except it was about $54k.

Say hello to the LIE for me....... you'll never see a traffic stop here in Korea. They just have cameras on every highway sign. they just mail you the ticket.... i miss those late night drives on the LIE.

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
rd3 said:

Syosset High School class of '94.
Class of '76 myself.

Wonder if any of my fave teachers are still there (or still alive :yikes: ). Let's see if the ol' brain cells still work (in no particular order)...

James Teeple, Shop
Ulysses Cormier, French
Arthur Kalish, Math
Joe Gladstone, Math
John Patrick Titterton, Math
Robert Eldi, Math
Arthur Kalish, Math
William O'Brien, Social Studies
Angela Lukazewski, Science
Richard Lesse, Science

And never to be forgotten...

Bernard Goudreau (RIP), Math

(ok... so I had to pull out the yearbook :bigpimp: )

·
Registered
105 Posts
rd3, you in seoul now? wow. i rarely see any 3-series there (i only saw one so far). most people get a 5 or 7, cos they don't believe in paying so much money for a "small" car like a 3er. are you in the military or something?

i'll be in seoul this winter for my sister's wedding. maybe i'll see a few more 3ers there. :)

·
Seoul Brotha...
32 Posts
no army... import/export business... you see alot of e46's around these days... everything from the 318 to the m3... m3 runs about $130k here! still, they are all over the place. most people think that korea is a poor little country... not the case. i was very suprised myself after returning after 11 years. tons of new 7-series on the road here... they offer a limousine mode here as well... most business men have drivers here because all business is done over drinking.

syosset teachers still there:
Arthur Kalish, Math
Joe Gladstone, Math
John Patrick Titterton, Math
Robert Eldi, Math
Angela Lukazewski, Science

i have titterton and edli myself.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
i thought E46 M3s weren't being sold in korea. i heard the story of this one american soldier that got to buy the first and only E46 M3 in korea, only if he agreed to ship the car back to the states once his service was over... i guess not?

anyway, 11 years? lol. that's a long time. that country is changing so fast. i go there about 2x a year (and have been since i was like 10 years old) and every time i go, it's a different country... haha.

what color is your 330i? anything that makes it stand out, in the remote chance that i come across your car; if i do, i'll say "hi". :)

·
Seoul Brotha...
32 Posts
M3's all over the place here... not stock either. You'd be amazed at the number of tuning shops here.
They're very big on ACS and Hamann here.
Brabus/Carlsson for MB.
Still... very expensive though.
I plan on purchasing my new rims in the states... and then paying off the customs guy on this end... import/export business per my previous post.

·
Shiftin
404 Posts
Not LI, but Brooklyn....

We should all have a meet sometime soon. I just met with Alan today and he is a great guy with a wonderful family.
His 330ci is sweet looking, but his Topaz 330i will look even nicer. :thumbup:

I'm glad you chose Topaz Alan, told you you'd love it... :D

We definitely need to set something up here guys and gals.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
GeoTopaz330i said:
Not LI, but Brooklyn....

We should all have a meet sometime soon. I just met with Alan today and he is a great guy with a wonderful family.

Most definitely! I really want to see your NAV-TV mod. Lets make a date and a place to meet. My car should be here in two weeks so I might not have my bmw.:bawling:

G

·
rd3 said:
:thumbup:
Hello... Lived in Woodbury for about 20 years... Syosset High School class of '94. NYU Stern class of '98.
working/living here in Seoul, Korea now though.
BMW's are way too expensive here. Wanted to bring my 2001330Ci and 2001X5 here, but they were going to tax me 35% on full purchase value to import them. So, dumped the X5, gave the e46 to my brother.

Just got into a new 330i sedan here... love it... except it was about $54k.

Say hello to the LIE for me....... you'll never see a traffic stop here in Korea. They just have cameras on every highway sign. they just mail you the ticket.... i miss those late night drives on the LIE.
Hey RD3-

Email me. I would like to discuss your posts over at the Org.

[email protected]

·
Jegshemash, I like you!
1,236 Posts
GeoTopaz330i said:
Not LI, but Brooklyn....

we should definatley meet up sometime soon...sounds like alot of people would be down for that...

Bobby

G

·
Re: Yes TD???

rd3 said:
what can i do for you?
I asked you to email me. Not re-post my post here at Roadfly.

BTW, everyone knows that email address so it's not like that matters.

Would you like me to start posting personal info about you over there? Full name. Contact info. And the fact that you were the troll impersonating me over there for weeks.

I just want to understand your obsession. No one else posts over there about me except you.

Is it all just because I busted on your lame foglights years ago in a post at the Org? One comment years ago = obsession? Get over it. (For those who have not seen them, click on RD3's "Profile" and then pull up his webpage.)

EDIT- He took THAT down fast.

Of course, I saved off the page before he took it down. But I don't feel like uploading all of it.

So here's the winning shot-

21 - 40 of 50 Posts