BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the 2007 325i's will come with two remotes.

I've just ordered a 2006 325i. Sorry for the newbie question, but does it only come with one remote? I like my wife to have a remote of her own, especially if it will automatically choose her seat memory settings, mirrors, etc.

If it only comes with one remote, can you order a second? How much are they?

·
Advocate de diabolo
2,363 Posts
the remotes are part of keys, and you always get 2 keys...and a plastic valet key w/ the 2006's...they will discontinue the plastic key w/ the 07's.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi,
Always a good question......your car will come with two remotes, but no valet key...for some reason they're stopping the use of valet keys...Does any one know why??? Would like to realy here this!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
mfasa said:
Hi,
Always a good question......your car will come with two remotes, but no valet key...for some reason they're stopping the use of valet keys...Does any one know why??? Would like to realy here this!!!
My guess is maybe the 2007's will allow unlocking with BMW Assist. That'd basically eliminate the need for the plastic key.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Good news. It certainly makes sense to supply the car with two remotes, as almost any other car would have them. I was thrown off by this statement from the "MY 2007 3 Series Sedan and Sports Wagon Product Enhancement and Pricing" pdf that was posted most recently:

Customers will now be provided with two fully functional remote control keys. The valet/wallet key will no
longer be provided. It may become available as an accessory at a later date.
Just made it sound confusing to a newbie like me. If you all got two remotes with your 06's then I'm sure I will too!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Can't you just "make" a valet key by taking the metal part of the key out of the fob, locking the trunk (via the glove box) and locking the glove box? Then just give the valet the fob minus the metal key?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts