BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Adolescent On-Call
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 40K, Service said my brakes were still good. I wonder if that's "normal" or if I should really push them to do a brake service before my free maintenance expires in 2000 miles (at 48,000 now). Just pads, or rotors, too? :dunno:

They feel fine, but I know that as soon as I pass 50K miles, they'll suddenly need replacing :rolleyes:

·
10,856 Posts
My 325xiT got a free set every 10K or so.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Fronts were replaced at about 23k and rears at about 27k in my '01 325Ci. Take your car back in telling them your brakes aren't grabbing or something of the like. If they're close enough (assuming not already passed the tolerence level) they may do them for you. When you brought it in at 40k did they note to you an estimate as to how much life they thought was still in the brakes. Also, they replace the rotors and pads when they do a brake job.

·
Livin' like Larry!
8,850 Posts
machmeter said:
At 40K, Service said my brakes were still good.
"Good" is relative... IIRC, 2mm of pad left is the cut off for replacement... If your pads are at 4mm, you still have a little time... 3mm, not so much... I got 60K out of my front brakes, still have the original rears on and am at about 68K now, IIRC... You could always step up and buy the extended maintenance plan, and get your brakes, oil changes, Inspection I and II etc. covered until 100K. That's what I did... :D Should easily pay for itself IMO

·
10,856 Posts
Salvator said:
"Good" is relative... IIRC, 2mm of pad left is the cut off for replacement... If your pads are at 4mm, you still have a little time... 3mm, not so much... I got 60K out of my front brakes, still have the original rears on and am at about 68K now, IIRC... You could always step up and buy the extended maintenance plan, and get your brakes, oil changes, Inspection I and II etc. covered until 100K. That's what I did... :D Should easily pay for itself IMO
You need to start pushing the pedals. :angel:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.