BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im curious, how many miles do you guys get in your 3 series per fillup? and what tranmission do u have?

i have a steptronic and i get 250-270 but 230-240 in sport and manual mode is that good?

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,344 Posts
De_UnKnOwN_1 said:
im curious, how many miles do you guys get in your 3 series per fillup? and what tranmission do u have?

i have a steptronic and i get 250-270 but 230-240 in sport and manual mode is that good?
About 260-270 miles with a manual 6 speed before the car starts running on fumes. Mostly city driving, my average speed for the past 6 months has been 23 mph. :eek:

·
Registered
450 Posts
You should also be asking what motor. I have never really paid much attention. I let the computer do all of the work for me.

I do know that I get 23.3mpg though.

·
10,856 Posts
My M3 gets about 13MPG, and the 323 gets about 18. :p

·
Loyal Fester
139 Posts
Have a 05 325i with step that has done about 1400 miles.

Average highway 27mpg (though I have gotten to 30mpg on one longer run)
Average city 21-22mpg.
On a full tank it has averaged 310-340 miles with about 5 liters or about 1.1gl still in the tank (highest consumption was from the first fill-up which got about 265 miles). Sport mode does push this up about 0.4mpg on average.

Driving tends to be 80-85% city and the rest highway.

·
takes the long way home..
1,080 Posts
05' 330i ZHP, 6 speed, 4100 miles. ~300 miles per tank, 60/40 highway/city mostly 'spirited' driving. Lately it's been going up to 330 per tank :thumbup:

My 325Ci ZSP 5 speed got 380-450/tank.

·
hockey-holic
322 Posts
01 330i, step, averages right around 250-260 miles before fill up, always in sport mode, ~18mpg, 90/10 city/expressway driving. ~23-24mph avg. :cry:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm interstin i guess i gun it too much lol, whats 330 ZHP whats the ZHP mean? sorry for a newb ass question lol

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
Majority highway, ~370 miles, ~25mpg.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I get about 23 mpg, only got 1000 miles on the clock so I am still being a bit gentle.. :angel:

Now its sunny in Michigan (who says global warming isnt a good thing! :rofl: ) I can start to burn up the road!!

·
In Driving Heaven
2,772 Posts
De_UnKnOwN_1 said:
hmm interstin i guess i gun it too much lol, whats 330 ZHP whats the ZHP mean? sorry for a newb ass question lol
ZHP == Performance Package.

I get about 400 miles to the tank from mostly highway driving. 250 just sounds atrocious for a 325!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I usually get 360 with about 75% highway driving. The most was 430 which was almost all highway. Better than any car I have ever owned!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
omg... what do i do? every 1 is getting over like 350 miles per fillup why am i only getting 250-270? and thats in automatic (Not highway driving, i dont drive on highways often) , when i play around with manual and sport its LESS!!!! like 230! gimme some advice plzz :cry:

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
De_UnKnOwN_1 said:
omg... what do i do? every 1 is getting over like 350 miles per fillup why am i only getting 250-270? and thats in automatic (Not highway driving, i dont drive on highways often) , when i play around with manual and sport its LESS!!!! like 230! gimme some advice plzz :cry:
27mpg consistently. Suburban driving. 400+ miles per tank.

Be aggressive when you feel like it (that's why you have the car), but be miserly when you don't need to be aggressive. Moderate, smooth acceleration. Predict when you'll need to stop and back off on the gas (less brake dust too). Try to hold the gas pedal with steady pressure when driving at constant speed. :dunno:

That's the beauty of this car as a daily driver. You can have your cake and eat it too!

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
De_UnKnOwN_1 said:
When are you filling up/counting miles to? When the low fuel light goes on? I don't fill up most times until I have gone at least 50 miles past when my light goes on. When I'm getting 400 my tank is pretty much bone dry.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i fill up a few miles after the light comes on, i dont want any crap at the bottom of the tank getting sucked into my enginee and i stop counting right when be4 i am about to get out and fill it up

·
Loyal Fester
139 Posts
Just our of curiosity how many miles has your car done? Generally speaking, as your engine and tranny breaks in it gets better milage.

You can try resetting your OBC after you next fill up and see if the numbers gets better.

Also as suggested above observe your driving style. Heavy acceleration will negatively impact your consumption. Try more smooth acceleration and see if that helps too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
About 300+ per tank. Just filled up this morning and gas price just've gone up highest ever in my area, almost $3 per gallon now :mad: Someone please :violent: the oil company :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts