BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really needed some meguiars endurance tire gel, ive been out for several weeks. So i went to the auto store to pick some up. Its been at least 6 months since i bought a bottle, but i was very surprised to see it was only $3. For some reason i was thinking it was $6 or $7. Its the same size purple bottle. Have the prices on this thing gone down?? Or did i get lucky?

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
I think I paid like $8 for it back in May. Now that I've used it, I don't think I'd even pay $1. I liked it at first, but the more I used it the less I liked it. Maybe it's all those grooves on the Contis. :dunno:

--SONET

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
why don't like u like it? just doesn't last? makes the tires slippery? :)

SONET said:
I think I paid like $8 for it back in May. Now that I've used it, I don't think I'd even pay $1. I liked it at first, but the more I used it the less I liked it. Maybe it's all those grooves on the Contis. :dunno:

--SONET

·
Meat Puppet
211 Posts
My beef with it, is that it stays slippery FOREVER. There is nearly no way to get it to come off.

Now for some this may be a positive, but if you just want to chalk your tires for autocross, chalk won't stick to the goo.

·
Meat Puppet
211 Posts
Autocross events for me are available every 1-2 weeks, even between seasons it's a max of 4 weeks.

So waiting 2 months for the gel to wear off isn't a good thing.

(Yes forever wasn't intended to be taken litterally, WEEKS is.)

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm personal sick of having to apply gel. I use the Tire Wet Gel. I ended up getting a set of Tire Wet Wipes 25 in a tube for like 4 bucks. I'm going to try it on the next wash. The gel would take me a good 10 minutes to apply to all 4 tires and 4 paper towels..... I might just go back to spray on if this wipe is a pain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.