BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the reviews (or previews) I have read on the net say that the E90 is bigger and roomyer than the E46, but there is no dimensions or volume numbers given. I'm wondering if it's just hype. Anyone have some hard numbers?

·
2004 325XI
593 Posts
bmwaustin said:
May be an inch here and half inch there, not much as the hype from press
I heard it was closer to the size of the E39's. Any truth to this?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Car and Driver says the familiar '3 inches wider' comment, but adds that half of that dimension is in the door handles so I wouldn't worry too much. The added heft of 150 lbs troubles me though... :bawling:

·
Registered
275 Posts
tacomantt said:
All the reviews (or previews) I have read on the net say that the E90 is bigger and roomyer than the E46, but there is no dimensions or volume numbers given. I'm wondering if it's just hype. Anyone have some hard numbers?
Adding on to Alex' post, here's the link from the BMWUSA.com website. It was just refreshed to include more information on the E90. Hopefully, you have high-speed internet access. Once you click the link below, choose, "Explore The All-New 3-Series." From there another screen pops up, then click the tab title, "Sleeker", and choose, "Physical Dimensions."

Enjoy the show.

http://www.bmwusa.com/BMW2003/Templ...4-8D0C-C379EC26D2A4}&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&bhcp=1

Flex

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
RandyB said:
Car and Driver says the familiar '3 inches wider' comment, but adds that half of that dimension is in the door handles so I wouldn't worry too much. The added heft of 150 lbs troubles me though... :bawling:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you suggesting that the E46's width measurement EXCLUDED the door handles, which are of a similar design? Why would they do that?
When I sat in the driver's seat on Thursday night, it reminded me more of my own E46 Coupe (which is a wider car).

·
Registered
438 Posts
RichReg said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you suggesting that the E46's width measurement EXCLUDED the door handles, which are of a similar design? Why would they do that?
When I sat in the driver's seat on Thursday night, it reminded me more of my own E46 Coupe (which is a wider car).
I took it to mean that the E90 door handles stick out .5-.75" more than the E46 ones, but you never know with that bunch... Yeah, they look to be very similar at a glance so who knows.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
RandyB said:
I took it to mean that the E90 door handles stick out .5-.75" more than the E46 ones, but you never know with that bunch... Yeah, they look to be very similar at a glance so who knows.
I guess that is possible. My feeling was that the cabin of the E90 is probably just about halfway between the E46 & the E39. I just can't believe they raised the price of the Sports Package & then removed the Sport Suspension as standard equipment on the 330.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts