Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 3 week old 2021 BMW M340i in alpine white that I am looking to sell. I got it ceramic coated and the car has extended warranty. -

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,263 Posts
You should cancel the extended warranty asap and hopefully get a full refund.

Why sell it so quick?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should cancel the extended warranty asap and hopefully get a full refund.

Why sell it so quick?
Because of a change to my work commute. We are looking for a car for my wife too but she wants a Tesla M3. We can do with one car given the whole WFH situation these days and she will be the primary driver and I will only be using it only for the occasional errand run. I can either sell it separately or trade it in. I am not sure which route to take.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,263 Posts
Because of a change to my work commute. We are looking for a car for my wife too but she wants a Tesla M3. We can do with one car given the whole WFH situation these days and she will be the primary driver and I will only be using it only for the occasional errand run. I can either sell it separately or trade it in. I am not sure which route to take.

Near-new is always tough as you are competing against new cars, and this time of year, the manufacturer is just ramping up incentives/rebates.

I am afraid to say what it is probably worth. A dealer will offer thousands below wholesale since it is now a used car.

Only way out is private party sale or "Swap-a-Lease".

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Near-new is always tough as you are competing against new cars, and this time of year, the manufacturer is just ramping up incentives/rebates.

I am afraid to say what it is probably worth. A dealer will offer thousands below wholesale since it is now a used car.

Only way out is private party sale or "Swap-a-Lease".
Say it please anyway :). Having some expectations will help before I decide and if I go in.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,263 Posts
You have to figure out what invoice was, then deduct current incentives, then deduct 5% and then another thousand or so. There is 6.5% between MSRP and invoice, so divide $67,050.00 by 1.065 to calculate invoice.

·
Registered
10,495 Posts
You'll probably have to eat those ~$5700 in port-installed carbon fiber knick-knacks. That alone would pay for about 50k miles of gasoline.

Tell you wife it's a hybrid and make sure she never has to take it to a gas station. She'll be fine.

Frau Putzer wanted a giant SUV back in 2005, when she had a 58 mile/day commute. I said hell no. Then she wanted a hybrid Honda Accord V6... useless on a 58 mile commute on rural highways. I said hell no, again. I told her to if she wants to save the ****ing polar bears, carpool with her hottie co-worker who lived one mile from us, buy a four-cylinder Accord, or even a four-cylinder Civic. Sometimes you just gotta' take charge of the situation.

·
Registered
12,533 Posts
What price was paid on the M340i? E.g. 20-25% off MSRP, or $12k to $15k discount? That likely is the amount below MSRP that can be fetched on a 3-week old car.

Do note M3/EV as one-car does have limitations of long road trips and range, so buyers beware.:)

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,746 Posts
Thanks all. I had a talk :) and the bimmer stays.
I’m glad to hear that. As Autoputzer mentioned you can buy years worth of gas with the loss you would have taken.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Tell you wife it's a hybrid and make sure she never has to take it to a gas station. She'll be fine.
Man, you ARE good. That made my day. And, seemingly, OP's as well.

How's that book progressing? I still want to read that.

·
Registered
10,495 Posts
Man, you ARE good. That made my day. And, seemingly, OP's as well.

How's that book progressing? I still want to read that.
Uh, thanks.

I'm a "manipulator," but that's not always a bad thing. The trick to manipulating people is to make them happy, really mad, or really scared, as appropriate.

I figured what would make the OP's wife mostly happy would be to brag about having a hybrid and saving the polar bears and not going to gas stations. I don't blame her one bit about the gas station thing. I'm armed when I go to gas stations. I was stalked by a bum ten days ago when gassing up a loaner X7 before turning it back in. He started circling me at a distance, got to where the gas station canopy pillar blocked him from my view and then stated coming in on me. I'd been watching him. So, I moved to where he was back in my sight. When he saw me smiling at me with my hand on my still concealed pistol in my pocket... he was not happy... or mad... but he was scared. My smiling was a trigger. It's human instinct to be scared when another human displays inappropriate body language for the situation. That's a sign you're dealing with a crazy ****.

I'm working on two books at the same time, TWATA Volume 1 and TWATA Volume 2 I sort of bounce back and forth, depending on my mood and ideas. I'm also rewriting our HOA governing documents... so the 'hood will be run the way I want it to for the next few decades. The idiots, crazies, and thugs on the HOA board aren't happy. But, oh well. None of them are capable of reading governing documents, much less writing them.

·
Registered
12,533 Posts
I figured what would make the OP's wife mostly happy would be to brag about having a hybrid and saving the polar bears and not going to gas stations.
Usually this type of conversation can be "realigned" once the bottom line (e.g. $12k-15k [email protected]#$!)is openly discussed. :)

Your gas station encounter did remind me of days of attending higher education next to a rough hood, good times.

The hood has since been gentrified, and the old wild wild west vibe is long gone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts