BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 very minor dings that I've found on my car that are testing my sanity (one on each rear quarter panel where the wheel flare is). I need them removed or I need to be sent to an aslyum for anal people. :mad:

Seriously though, anyone have any recommendations in the NYC area, or a good place in the Philly Main Line area?

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DannyC said:
in Southern California
About $75 per Body Panel...
That's not too terrible. Does it take a long time?

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
Alee . . . don't get too upset, I've got 2 dings right next to each on one rear panel !!
If your gonna get a ding, it's better there than in the middle of the door.

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alan F said:
Alee . . . don't get too upset, I've got 2 dings right next to each on one rear panel !!
If your gonna get a ding, it's better there than in the middle of the door.
Yeah but you let your wheels get black too. :D

That's 2 dings now in 2 months. :mad: I love the city. :D

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
alee said:

Yeah but you let your wheels get black too. :D

That's 2 dings now in 2 months. :mad: I love the city. :D
Alee, let's take the clean car challenge . . . I'll go into my garage and take a pic of my car right now, and you go take a pic of yours right now.

I don't know if mine will be cleaner but it should be at least AS CLEAN !!

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sitting in Orangeburg, NY in an empty computer lab waiting for my girlfriend to get out of class. My car is pristine right now... about an hour ago, I detailed it head to toe in a hotel parking lot. I bet I win. :D

When was the last time you drove your 330? I wouldn't be surprised if it was clean. I thought you were too busy riding with the top down on your other toy!? :D

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
Ok, I confess . . . I don't remember when I drove my 330 last but I think it was Monday :dunno:

Now that I hear you just detailed your car I am going to back out of that challenge . . . I got the Bimmer washed at a car wash last Friday and it still looks great though at 2 years old, don't you think I should give it, its first waxing :)

Anyway, I took this pic of my car the other day !!

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
oh and one more thing, while your hanging out waiting for your girlfriend in a parking lot, I'm gonna drink a beer and go into my Jacuzzi . . . :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Alan F said:
Ok, I confess . . . I don't remember when I drove my 330 last but I think it was Monday :dunno:

Now that I hear you just detailed your car I am going to back out of that challenge . . . I go the Bimmer washed at a car wash last Friday and it still looks great though at 2 years old, don't you think I should give it, its first waxing :)

Anyway, I took this pic of my car the other day !!

2 years no waxing?!? ;o)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

He meant his 330:D
Very true !! The Jet black paint is starting to show signs of wear :(

The Eclipse must have been waxed right before I bought it a little over 3 months ago.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Alan F said:

Very true !! The Jet black paint is starting to show signs of wear :(

The Eclipse must have been waxed right before I bought it a little over 3 months ago.
Buy 'em to drive 'em right Alan :bigpimp:

Leave the detailing to Alee and me :confused: A little wax wouldn't really hurt would it:dunno:

;)

·
10,856 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

Buy 'em to drive 'em right Alan :bigpimp:

Leave the detailing to Alee and me :confused: A little wax wouldn't really hurt would it:dunno:

;)
Tom finds the wasing process excruciatingly painful, as I recall. :)

·
5,820 Posts
My 540's going in tomorrow A.M. to remove 8 or 9 minor dings from the previous owner. $200. Need the car 3 hrs. Had 1 dent removed on my 330 awhile ago. $125. 1/2 hr. They hit you for the first one and the rest are practically nothing. The farther from a crease, seam, bend, etc., the better.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Oh I didn't notice the picture of the eclipse. I have to make due with "text based" forum surfing at work through lunix - lynx. haha

The good thing is I can post the bad thing is I can't see pictures :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts