BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Brand new in the LA market these were going for around $42K late last year. Take off 20% for used, but add a couple $K back for CPO and I'd think $35-36K or so would be about right. Note, though, that New Century was NOT one of those dealerships that were particularly willing to bargain down to bottom dollar when I was looking last year. I hope for your sake that the current economic conditions have somewhat softened their resolve.

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
FWIW, no nav is visible, nor are the buttons for heated seats, and the netting on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel that would indicate the presence of the premium package is not there (nor do I see cruise control buttons on the steering column - edit: and the passenger seat clearly has manual positioning controls). Imola red, so no metallic paint upcharge. Presumably no extended leather either - why order that for an otherwise bare bones car?

I see the dealer wants $51,875 for it (via a CPO search on bmwusa.com). Unless there really is extended leather on this car (edit: or maybe assist), that's $1000 over MSRP for a NEW car :confused: Mid-30's is more realistic - these cars are not holding their value.

·
Registered
428 Posts
FWIW, no nav is visible, nor are the buttons for heated seats, and the netting on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel that would indicate the presence of the premium package is not there (nor do I see cruise control buttons on the steering column). Imola red, so no metallic paint upcharge. Presumably no extended leather either - why order that for an otherwise bare bones car?

I see the dealer wants $51,875 for it (via a CPO search on bmwusa.com). Unless there really is extended leather on this car (edit: or maybe assist), that's $1000 over MSRP for a NEW car :confused: Mid-30's is more realistic - these cars are not holding their value.
As a CPO, this car is worth low 40s in my opinion. If I really like it, I will not bargain over a couple thousand dollars. Hey, every one needs to make something for the economy to work.

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
As a CPO, this car is worth low 40s in my opinion. If I really like it, I will not bargain over a couple thousand dollars. Hey, every one needs to make something for the economy to work.
I would have been hard pressed to get low 40's for my car if I'd had to sell it*, and unlike this car it was fully optioned to include extended leather (click on 'my garage' for a description and photos). It would have had the remainder of the factory warranty available to the purchaser, so the CPO warranty would have been pretty much moot.

*I am taking a job in Australia and should be leaving in a week or two - the 3 series is not coming with me and the Z4MC is no more.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I'd put it in the mid-to-high 30s myself. That's being generous. Dealer invoice on the car new must have been around $45k, less the $7500 incentive last winter, it cost them $37.5k. Take off for the miles, add on for the CPO, you're still under 40, imo.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Is this really true though? 42K is quite a bit lower than the msrp brand new.
Search for the deal of a lifetime thread from fall/winter '07/08. $12-14 off MSRP was common on all Z4 Coupes - with a few outliers going even lower. Some dealerships may be reluctant to go that low on their leftover (or used) '07s now that the incentives are history, but they don't deserve your business.

·
Registered
485 Posts
i recently bought mine for $37k (in So Cal area at Shellys) is an 06 lease return roadster with premium and navi at 25k miles CPO

so i would think the coupe of an 07 with less miles should be just around $40k-42k tops

·
Fight On!
1,559 Posts
People guessing mid-30's are dilutional unless the dealer is desperate to get rid of it.

Yes, the same car probably went for low 40's, but those were the once in a lifetime deals that probably won't repeat this year (i.e. reduced production numbers). I'll be very much surprised if New Century BMW was willing to sell it anywhere in the 30s.

My guess is that you can get this car for low-40's (around 42k), especially considering it is a CPO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Based on what I'm reading in other threads, I'd say the Z4M is already in its last few months of production.
You're probably right about production coming to an end very soon.

I wish they would keep producing them until the new model arrives--the current car should be offered with the twin turbo 135/335 motor as an option. That may generate more sales/appeal for the Z4M until the new one arrives. The twin turbo produces more torque, is more tunable and is much more fuel efficient. And I think it would be as quick or probably quicker than the current S54 motor.

What are your thoughts?

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
You're probably right about production coming to an end very soon.

I wish they would keep producing them until the new model arrives--the current car should be offered with the twin turbo 135/335 motor as an option. That may generate more sales/appeal for the Z4M until the new one arrives. The twin turbo produces more torque, is more tunable and is much more fuel efficient. And I think it would be as quick or probably quicker than the current S54 motor.

What are your thoughts?
The production facilities in Greer are being devoted to the X5, X6, and probably the new X3, whenever that shows up. There is no surplus capacity for the Z4, so it won't happen.

I like the TT motor a lot. I'd probably rather have a 135i than a Z4 Coupe with this motor. It'd be just as fun, and a hell of a lot more practical.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Based on what I'm reading in other threads, I'd say the Z4M is already in its last few months of production.
The Z4 was scheduled to end production in August - from the looks of things, I'm betting that Z4 production will stop when the current orders are filled. There are currently ~20 M Roadsters, ~20 M Coupes, and ~800 various non-M cars currently sitting on dealer lots. Based on previous sales patterns, that's enough to last them until the end of 2008, and into 2009. There's not much incentive to keep making them. If you check the other threads, zrdstr had a heck of a time finding someone that would let him order a car.

BMWNA may skip the fire sale on the remaining cars later this year. The next model will be a 2010 MY car, so it won't start production until mid-to-late 2009, though we'll likely see it hitting the auto show circuit next winter. Rather than clear out the last Z4s, they may want to let them linger so they have something to offer until the new car is ready - then they'll blow out the last few.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
The Z4 was scheduled to end production in August - from the looks of things, I'm betting that Z4 production will stop when the current orders are filled. There are currently ~20 M Roadsters, ~20 M Coupes, and ~800 various non-M cars currently sitting on dealer lots. Based on previous sales patterns, that's enough to last them until the end of 2008, and into 2009. There's not much incentive to keep making them. If you check the other threads, zrdstr had a heck of a time finding someone that would let him order a car.
Normally ends in September.
Your numbers aren't even close.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.