BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blue book is listing about 42K for a used 2006 m-coupe with 7000K miles. How much do you guys think it's worth through private sale? Do you guys think I can get one for 36K?

·
Registered
485 Posts
i got my Roadster BMW CPO with 24k miles navi BT, premium for $37k

·
Registered
485 Posts
actually the Coupe should be a lil less than the roadster.....(the roadster is 2k more MSRP i think)

so you figure the coupe is -$2k

but the 7k less miles would add about $2-2.5k (at about 0.30 cent per mile)

and depending on options

bare in mind that i got a pretty good deal on the car (it was slight under kbb wholesale price which was $38k)

·
My other car is faster
199 Posts
Although you may be in that "I have to have one" mode, I would hold off at 42K. You should be able to buy a new one for around that price. I would keep looking until I could get one for 35-38K used with less than 8000 miles. Call a local dealer, they have the network to search nationwide and find you the color combination you want. That said, I try never to buy from dealers, 3 out of my 4 BMW's were on-line private party sales for thousands under bluebook (i.e. 2006 750Li -purchased in 2006- 5500 miles 92K original purchase price- loaded all options except winter package and night vision-60K!) The deals are out there if you look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Although you may be in that "I have to have one" mode, I would hold off at 42K. You should be able to buy a new one for around that price. I would keep looking until I could get one for 35-38K used with less than 8000 miles. Call a local dealer, they have the network to search nationwide and find you the color combination you want. That said, I try never to buy from dealers, 3 out of my 4 BMW's were on-line private party sales for thousands under bluebook (i.e. 2006 750Li -purchased in 2006- 5500 miles 92K original purchase price- loaded all options except winter package and night vision-60K!) The deals are out there if you look.
The listing for this used one is at 42K, but I bet I can negotiate down to 38K. My budget is in the low 30's though. Great advice, glgpc. You're right, I think I am in that "gotta have it" mode.

I'm amazed that a new m-coupe could be had for 42K. I will keep looking. Thanks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sterling BMW in Newport Beach has a new red 07 M Coupe on their lot. You might see what they are willing to sell that one for as a reference. At least then you have a negotiating point (I can still buy a new 07 for X and you want me to pay X+ for a used one???)

·
866 Posts
Sterling BMW in Newport Beach has a new red 07 M Coupe on their lot. You might see what they are willing to sell that one for as a reference. At least then you have a negotiating point (I can still buy a new 07 for X and you want me to pay X+ for a used one???)
I'd try offering cost less the $3500 incentive as a starting point on a new unit and not go much further upward. You might concede a little if it's exactly what you want. They need to move these things.

I'd pull the trigger quickly with consideration for every day that passes without BMW making any more of these, demand will eventually push the few remaining unit's prices back upward in the price/demand ratio. I don't know when they intend to stop manufacturing them, but there have been several people here indicating that they're getting the last build slots for custom builds.

Any shortages of units will start to impact pre-owned pricing eventually.

My 2¢.

·
Fight On!
1,559 Posts
The listing for this used one is at 42K, but I bet I can negotiate down to 38K. My budget is in the low 30's though. Great advice, glgpc. You're right, I think I am in that "gotta have it" mode.

I'm amazed that a new m-coupe could be had for 42K. I will keep looking. Thanks!
I am just amazed to see people think that new M Coupes still could be had for $42k. Yes, there were amazing deals for the late '07 models (with $7k+ incentives), but in this environment (i.e. supply is smaller and incentives are smaller), I would be shocked if a dealer was willing to sell a brand new one for $42k.

That being said, you may find a willing/desperate seller that will meet your price point. There are not that many M Coupes offered up for sale, but there are also very few buyers who are looking for them. Often times, it'll come down who's more desperate, you, the buyer or the seller.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am just amazed to see people think that new M Coupes still could be had for $42k. Yes, there were amazing deals for the late '07 models (with $7k+ incentives), but in this environment (i.e. supply is smaller and incentives are smaller), I would be shocked if a dealer was willing to sell a brand new one for $42k.

That being said, you may find a willing/desperate seller that will meet your price point. There are not that many M Coupes offered up for sale, but there are also very few buyers who are looking for them. Often times, it'll come down who's more desperate, you, the buyer or the seller.
Ditto that.
Back in October when the market support was $7,500 dealers selling for $42K was easy since they were not being asked to sell at a lose. With the support $4K less now, I'd say it's going to be really hard to get that same deal now, and if you can't get it from the dealer why would a private seller want to pass along the $4 savings they had when they bought the car.

Also if you're budget really is low $30K's, than I'd recommend staying within your budget and staying away from the newer M's. Either wait until your budget changes or look at the non Ms'.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
I'd pull the trigger quickly with consideration for every day that passes without BMW making any more of these, demand will eventually push the few remaining unit's prices back upward in the price/demand ratio. I don't know when they intend to stop manufacturing them, but there have been several people here indicating that they're getting the last build slots for custom builds.

My 2¢.
Less than 200 2008 M Coupes made so far. I'm told less then fingers and toes left.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's not very many 2008 Z4M's. I've also been debating if I should get a 335 instead. But here in LA the 3-series is everywhere. Also, I already have a 2002 330i and the Z4M would be a weekend car. I'm having a really hard time justifying the purchase since it will be a $40K "toy".

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
That's not very many 2008 Z4M's. I've also been debating if I should get a 335 instead. But here in LA the 3-series is everywhere. Also, I already have a 2002 330i and the Z4M would be a weekend car. I'm having a really hard time justifying the purchase since it will be a $40K "toy".
What's to justify? This is what money is for - getting things you want and enjoying yourself. As long as the purchase is fiscally responsible, I'd say go for it. But then, I say that because I already have. :)

·
Fight On!
1,559 Posts
What's to justify? This is what money is for - getting things you want and enjoying yourself. As long as the purchase is fiscally responsible, I'd say go for it. But then, I say that because I already have. :)
You guys don't watch enough MasterCard commercials! :D

An almost new Z4MC = $40k
A tank of gas = $50
Defying the laws of physics in the Z4MC = priceless

1 - 18 of 18 Posts