BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealer today to have my daytime running lights turned off and while I was there I asked the service advisor for an estimate on wiper refills. He came back with $61!!!
Ive read on this forum that others have had theirs replaced for less than 12 bucks.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
They range anywhere from like 8-20 bucks... He must have mis understood you and thought you asked for an arm or something. You can go to autozone and get them.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ask for the blade inserts or refills not the entire wiper blade.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
61-61-0-154-440 (E39) list $8.70 net $6.96
61-61-0-154-441 (E34 & Touring rear) list $8.70 net $6.96

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He may have misunderstood me, Im pretty sure I asekd for the wiper refills. Its a good thing it doesnt rain too often.

·
Registered
161 Posts
What you about to hear is weird i went to auto Zone for some new wipers and they said they don't carry them, WTF

·
Ivan
686 Posts
so what is the best brand for wiper blades refill?
is the dealership part the best one can get?

cheap brands get hard quickly, then become noisy and clean really bad

·
Registered
646 Posts
Around 10 bucks for both fronts and the rear on my wagon. The guy also installed them for me....so all I needed to do was wait a few minutes.

As others have mentioned.....ask for the refills.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Whoever can get them the cheapest should offer to do a group buy for the rest of us, provided he is willing to ship them too, even if it's not at a major discounted price. It seems that dealers charge whatever they want. Some are fair and some are just ridiculous! Since I don't need new ones yet I don't know what my dealer charges but I'll look into it.

·
I'm otay. You are not.
1,337 Posts
You can get any dealer to ship them to you. Whether or not you save anything doing that will depend on how bad your local dealer is trying to rape you. When I do my parts shopping, I'll call every dealer under the sun if that's what it takes. Just google BMW dealers. You'll get tons of numbers to call and you'll be surprised at the discrepancies in pricing. I just got a OEM MAF last week and got prices ranging from $444.98 to $268.61 (which is about $10.00 over cost). The parts guys have some liberty, tell them what you've found and give them a chance to earn your business.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I was meaning a 'fest member getting and shipping them. It may be asking alot for a few bucks worth of savings but to some it would be worth it. I would be willing if my dealers price is good.

·
I'm otay. You are not.
1,337 Posts
I was meaning a 'fest member getting and shipping them. It may be asking alot for a few bucks worth of savings but to some it would be worth it. I would be willing if my dealers price is good.
That would be cool, plus if all goes well it could restore faith lost by some forum members after the charcoal cabin filter fiasco, aka "filtergate". :tsk:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts