BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
danpop said:
And I guess that it can be bough only at a BMW dealership?
The MSRP at most dealers is $450+ for a front and $500+ for a rear.

Pacific BMWs website lists them right now at $355 for a front and $395 for a rear.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Will Alee sell you one of his that has a little teeny tiny nick on the back for really cheap? :lmao:

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
You sure about that?

I'm sure you do considering how many M68s you own....:D

But you positive they're not coming from the same manufacturer? We all know how much BMW likes to mark things up, since you can get a BBS wheel that's arguably better made for much less than an OEM M68. Makes me wonder if there's just one company making the wheel and BMW is slapping a gigantic markup on the ones they sell.

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Re: You sure about that?

obLu said:
But you positive they're not coming from the same manufacturer?
The HACK is the expert on the replicas from The Wheel Exchange... I think the real tell-tale sign is the finish on the wheels. Also there's no indentation for an M logo on those wheels that I can see.

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
Re: Re: You sure about that?

alee said:

The HACK is the expert on the replicas from The Wheel Exchange... I think the real tell-tale sign is the finish on the wheels. Also there's no indentation for an M logo on those wheels that I can see.
There is no indentation just a sticker on the replicas.

·
Registered
344 Posts
That's good to know...

Still be mighty tempted to cheap out on a replica if I curbed a wheel. Otherwise, for those prices I'd just be *forced* :D to get an entire set of aftermarket wheels.

Just don't tell my wife the originals could've been repaired. :eeps:

·
Registered
145 Posts
AAARims.com

I am looking at these..... Seem a little different from the Type 68s at the Wheel Exchange. Price seems comparable.... Comments?

BMW M2 Style (68)
Fits 1992-2002
BMW 3-series and M3
$650/set, A+
17x8 in. alloy wheels
41mm offset
Center caps, lugs,
and M-stickers included
O.E.R.
BMW-M2-17-3

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Re: AAARims.com

aldo said:
17x8 in. alloy wheels
Definitely not OEM... 17x7.5 and 17x8.5 are the 2 sizes the M68s came in.

If you're going with a replica, I would have to say that you should definitely consider The Wheel Exchange first. I have dealt with them before, and they are absolutely first rate. Very professional.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Replica's from The Wheel Exchange are of EXCELLENT quality for Replica's. I've ran through speed bumps, pot holes, train tracks, and when on several intense runs and NOT A SIGN OF BENT RIMS.

The only thing I can comment on is the paint finish on the wheel isn't as good as OEM BMW wheels. Under direct sunlight from the right angle you can see microscopic hairline patterns in the paint, and if you're up real close (a few inches away). To the naked eye they're pretty good. In fact, I had to point out to a few people at Bimmerfest that mine were replica's.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another quick stupid question: if there's a difference between the 68M front & rear wheels (as a previous post suggests) that come with the car then the spare wheel is a front or rear one?

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
danpop said:
Another quick stupid question: if there's a difference between the 68M front & rear wheels (as a previous post suggests) that come with the car then the spare wheel is a front or rear one?
Front, full sized.

Mine is a front passenger (directional tires)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.