BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bimmerless
BMW G05 45e/Porsche Macan GTS/Ram 1500 Diesel
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Sirius receiver that I pulled out of the e46 convertible that I just sold, and I'm trying to figure out what it's worth. This is the receiver made specifically for BMWs, it integrates directly with the BMW head units (at least the 2003+ models, from what I recall).

The dealer charged about $500 for the unit and the install. I removed the unit myself, and have determined it wouldn't take much effort for a DIY install. I would stick this thing in our e90, but from what I've read, it isn't compatible with the new e9x series.

Any suggestions on how much this unit is worth? It's the receiver, the little antennae pod that can magnetically attach to the trunk lid (or sit on the back shelf in a sedan/coupe), the cables for hooking it into the cars stereo system in the trunk, and the brackets for bolting it to the car.

I'm likely going to Craig's list or eBay the unit, but if anyone is interested, drop me a PM....

·
Registered
814 Posts
Got a pic? Im interested in one.

·
Bimmerless
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can take a shot of the unit later tonight. Keep in mind, this is not a receiver that you will "see" after it's mounted. The controls are all integrated into your standard head unit. So the picture will be of the sheetmetal box and wires that go in your trunk behind the liners. But you can see what this looks like.

KrisL, thanks for the suggestion on the price. That sounds reasonable, and it would recover some of my initial investment.

·
Bimmerless
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a picture of the unit. The iPod is there to give you a size reference. (It does not come with the Sirius receiver...)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts