Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO that everyone can get a clear picture are considered good prices and what arent. I thought it would be helpful if whomever has a 5 series lease to post their lease details

2006 525i
24 months 10k a year
0 down

premium pk
navigation
xenon
comfort access
automatic
park distance control

$549 a month

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
More info

So that you are comparing apples to apples, I also suggest listing:

Euro or USA delivery
Security Deposit - Money Factor is reduced by Security Deposits
Are Inception fees (acq, reg, doc etc.) rolled into the payment

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Forgot these

2 more items:

- which state
- is tax included in the payments

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
sleeperz321 said:
SO that everyone can get a clear picture are considered good prices and what arent. I thought it would be helpful if whomever has a 5 series lease to post their lease details

2006 525i
24 months 10k a year
0 down

premium pk
navigation
xenon
comfort access
automatic
park distance control

$549 a month

This is very good. Is this ED?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
taxes were included in my payment plan.
this isnt my first bmw so i did not need to put a security deposit
total due at signing (all fees) is like $1,500
THis is in NJ.
What is ED?

·
Registered
10 Posts
2006 530xi Euro Delivery, NY State, Taxes Incl. in Payment, 36 months, 10k miles pa, July 05 delivery, $4k down, $725 per month. No security fee as second BMW. Automatic, Navigation, Premium Package, Split/Folding Seats, Sport Seats.

Even though this was the best price I could get in the tri-state area, I feel it was overpriced (probably because it was one the first awd made in 5 series)

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
What is ED?[/QUOTE]

Ed is European Delivery. It makes a difference b/c the residual is based on US MSRP(higher) but the actual price of the car is based on ED invoice(lower) + whatever you negotiate with the dealer. I did ED and a lease through a corporation since leasing doesn't make too much sense otherwise.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have mine at about $725 a mo. aswell.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Guess I got a GREAT deal!!

530xiT - euro delivery - prem pkg, logic 7, cold weather pkg, rear heated seats

car registered in Vermont

in VT you pay all the sales tax up front (6% on difference betweeen cap cost and residual)

no security deposit, rolled acq fee into lease

up front 1'st month payment and tax - about $1700

36 month/19,000 mi per year

payment - $635 including all taxes

and...if I dont use all the miles over 15,000 per year, BMWFS reimburses you at the end!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Pretty good deal!!! Enjoy your car aswell!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
what is ED

Most common abbreviation for ED-erectile dysfunction, but european delivery as well.
Enjoy your car.
Alex

·
German freak
316 Posts
sleeperz321 said:

2006 525i
24 months 10k a year
0 down

$549 a month

Your payment is low enough, but, I think it's more a function of choice than deal. You're buying 20,000 miles and 24 months. That's it. It's kinda like saying, how much did you pay for lunch?

If we're honestly comparing lease "deals", compare apples to apples. Payments are higher on the same car, same options, same cap cost and down, but choosing a term of 36 months and 15,000 miles/year.

If we're all leasing through BMWFS, our "deal" can only be quantified as:

1) How much did you pay over invoice?
2) How much over base rate (lease money factor) did you pay?

These are the ONLY negotiable variables. Everything else (to influence lease payment) is a choice. You can choose to pay for more or fewer miles, more or fewer options, more or less time, and then more or less down to make your payment higher or lower.

For example, I paid $1,800 over invoice (not very good, but the salesman was a great guy and gave me great service, so I didn't feel like grinding him). My money factor was marked up from .00100 to .00115.

My payment will be much more than yours, but it's a more expensive car and I bought more time (36 months -- at 24 months I'm still in love!!) and the corresponding depreciation. The price over invoice had a relatively small influence on my payment, as compared with the money factor mark-up of .00015, which I believe was a pretty darn good rate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
going for my first bmw purchase

I am in the process of leasing a 06 530I...with auto, premium package ,
sport package, comfort access, rear shades, navigation. I got a 36 month lease deal of a my monthly payment is $606.54, with $3000 down. And the sale price of $52980 and a MSRP of $56245. Is that pretty decent or would i find a better deal if i keep looking for it?

·
www.cyon.com.au
193 Posts
525i, 05

Sunroof, Xeons, PDC, 17", Upgraded Sound, NAV

$17k down, $1k/month for 60 months, $23k balloon.
All in all, I will pay almost $100k for a $80k+ car over 5 years, interest is apprently around 7%...
Mine was demo, a brand new one with my options would have been $115k

(All in Australian dollars which AUD1=USD0.75)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sleeperz321 said:

2006 525i
24 months 10k a year
0 down

premium pk
navigation
xenon
comfort access
automatic
park distance control

$549 a month
okay so i managed tog et the saleman to lower the price to $529 a month.
Deal is signed and order is placed

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i prefer the two year lease idea. I get tired of things rather quickly.
By the end of my new lease it will be perfect timeign for the new 3 series convertible (rumors are that its a hardtop convertible).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts