BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
325ix's than is's?

Found a deal on one at a local auto place...I know it is all wheel drive - think I would be prone to more issues? :dunno: Plus I would not be able to do doughnuts... :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True - and good points. I remember I did a few doughnuts in my '87 325e back in the day. LOL. I felt like a euro-*******! ROTFL! I think much of it was due to the crappy tires I had on at the moment.

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
The drive systems on the IX look pretty substantial. But most 16 year old cars dont respond very well to that kind of treatment unless perfomance parts are installed.

·
BMW FETISH!!!
5,405 Posts
dont u need lsd to do nice, proper doughnuts?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not too sure about the lsd! LOL

Yeah, I passed on the IX - unless I get a smokin' deal on it - I am looking for RWD only! :D

·
BMW FETISH!!!
5,405 Posts
im pretty sure its extreamly hard to do a do`ehhhh without an lsd. But thats easily arranged :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
you can't do long contunual drifts as easily with an open diff, eventually only one wheel will be spinning and you'll snap oversteer in the direction of your countersteer

same with donuts...eventually one wheel will regain traction and then you'll just sit there spinning the other....have to let off till the wheel regains traction, then you can move again

very common problem when drifting golfcarts at work :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.