BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 BMW 750i and was trying to figure out how much oil to add to my car going by the electronic level on the dash. It is down 2 squares so how much is each square so how much do I add. Don't want to overfill it. Also, will it read one reading one day, another reading another day. Thanks.....

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I have a 2008 BMW 750i and was trying to figure out how much oil to add to my car going by the electronic level on the dash. It is down 2 squares so how much is each square so how much do I add. Don't want to overfill it. Also, will it read one reading one day, another reading another day. Thanks.....
:dunno: Use a half quart and start the car and check. If you're ballsy, try 1 whole quart and check the I-drive from there.

·
Registered
409 Posts
DO NOT ADD ONE QUART!!!!

One quart is roughly the amount when all the blocks are gone and you are left with the little skinny block at the bottom, and at which point the car will tell you to add oil. Two blocks down is fine and you don't need to add oil yet.

·
Finally got a 7 Series!
108 Posts
I have asked this question as well. I now know that the full bars are the equivalent to the actual dip stick. So, just wait until you get to the bottom block and it will become Yellow and tell you to add 1 QT. This is to be true as I have done this on multiple occasions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
One litre is he difference between the lowest level and highest. But don't use the iDrive reading, use the dipstick as it is more accurate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts