BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After visiting Kbb & Edmunds to get the resale value of the car there were some option that I was not able to choose like Comfort Access, Xenon Light… So I thought I will ask here

It’s 2006 325i, Titanium Silver, Steptronic, Xenon, Comfort Access, and Navigation with 12,000-Miles in Excellent Condition.

Reason for sell: Want to upgrade myself to 2007 335i

·
---------
460 Posts
I would recommend going through some active listings of used 2006 models on cars.com and autos.msn.com. This way you can get some ballpark figure.

·
---------
460 Posts
You can select all those options on Edmunds (Comfort Access is called "Hands-Free Multi-Function Remote w/Keyless Ignition" and Xenon is as the last option). The values I am getting are: Trade-in 28260, Private party: 30144, Dealer retail: 32085, Certified Used: 34541. This is assuming outstanding condition (which gives +800 USD). KBB is giving private party value as 31865k (excellent condition) and 30090k (good).

I think I would start from around 30k. The only thing is that you may not recover as much value from your Nav system (325i, no premium and Nav is somewhat uncommon).

My last car I was selling I sold well above KBB value. Basically, I reviewed all listings in 100 mile radius and I didn't find any used car as cheap as KBB was saying. So, I was able to sell for a price between private-party and dealer-retail. You can post some ads in this price range and see what happens. A lot depends on the condition of the car and how much effort you are going to put.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greg220 said:
You can select all those options on Edmunds (Comfort Access is called "Hands-Free Multi-Function Remote w/Keyless Ignition" and Xenon is as the last option). The values I am getting are: Trade-in 28260, Private party: 30144, Dealer retail: 32085, Certified Used: 34541. This is assuming outstanding condition (which gives +800 USD). KBB is giving private party value as 31865k (excellent condition) and 30090k (good).

I think I would start from around 30k. The only thing is that you may not recover as much value from your Nav system (325i, no premium and Nav is somewhat uncommon).

My last car I was selling I sold well above KBB value. Basically, I reviewed all listings in 100 mile radius and I didn't find any used car as cheap as KBB was saying. So, I was able to sell for a price between private-party and dealer-retail. You can post some ads in this price range and see what happens. A lot depends on the condition of the car and how much effort you are going to put.
Thanks Greg220 ... Every word you said is worth it :)

·
I love my BMW.
757 Posts
I may speak only for myself here, but I'd me more opt to buy a car with 12,000 miles from a private owner than a dealer. Esspecially those low mileage demos or service loaners.

·
Registered
69 Posts
lol

Gotta love marketing and materialism, see a newer shinny object and got to have that.

Keeping up with the Jones in speed...

·
Bimmer Dreamer
514 Posts
dmg said:
lol

Gotta love marketing and materialism, see a newer shinny object and got to have that.

Keeping up with the Jones in speed...
Can't wait to see what happens when the 340i appears :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.