BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How much time does a cab take from the

906 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  paulwbenn
airport to the delivery center? Also, how much would it cost. The reason I ask is that I was hoping to go on the factory tour at 11am in Dingolfing and was wondering if I could take delivery and get to Dingolfing by 11 if my flight arrives at 8am. (Looks like I may not be able to do it). Has anyone gone to Dingolfing in a cab from the airport?

Also, does anyone remember the U-bahn fare (even though I did an ED in July but do not remember how much it was).

Thanks.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
I'd say 20-25 minutes if you don't encounter any traffic. Although there's a chance of things moving slowly that early in the morning if it is a weekday. Its not cheap - around 40 euro.
The U-bahn fare is 8 Euros for a normal pass. I think we got ripped once and paid 16 E for a partner pass for 2-5 people.

If you're stealth, you don't need to pay anything since the whole trip noone checked our tickets once. But if you get caught - look out!
Airport to Delivery Center: About 20 minutes if you get a fast (And honest) driver and no traffic. We paid E40 to Marienplatz, so probably E30 to DC.
45 minutes at the Delivery Center and probably 45 min. to 1 hour to Dingolfing.
Depending on if your flight is on time and your baggage comes up quick you're cutting it pretty close and remember you will be lagged to the max and not clicking on all 6. I'd personally go straight to Dingolfing and back to the airport via cab and then catch the train/u-bahn to the Delivery Center or your hotel.
fq said:
airport to the delivery center? Also, how much would it cost. The reason I ask is that I was hoping to go on the factory tour at 11am in Dingolfing and was wondering if I could take delivery and get to Dingolfing by 11 if my flight arrives at 8am. (Looks like I may not be able to do it). Has anyone gone to Dingolfing in a cab from the airport?

Also, does anyone remember the U-bahn fare (even though I did an ED in July but do not remember how much it was).

Thanks.
Thanks for all the responses/info. We will not have any luggage checked (only carry on). But you are right, that is cutting it too close. Any idea on cab fare to Dingolfing from the airport?

Thanks.
woody underwood said:
Airport to Delivery Center: About 20 minutes if you get a fast (And honest) driver and no traffic. We paid E40 to Marienplatz, so probably E30 to DC.
45 minutes at the Delivery Center and probably 45 min. to 1 hour to Dingolfing.
Depending on if your flight is on time and your baggage comes up quick you're cutting it pretty close and remember you will be lagged to the max and not clicking on all 6. I'd personally go straight to Dingolfing and back to the airport via cab and then catch the train/u-bahn to the Delivery Center or your hotel.
FQ I believe you are picking up on the 24th like me. If you miss that pick up date/time because of the Dingolfing tour you are stuck not picking up until the following monday. That is way I gave up my 11am tour since I am coming in at 8am that same day. I'd rather pick up the car and miss the tour than risk not making it on time to the pick up center. I was able to get a Munich tour at 1pm on the 25th, they confirmed by phone twice that it was ok eventhough it is a Holiday. It probably won't be as good as the Dingolfing tour but it is all I can get. I am sure cab fare will run you in the 100's of euros since it is a 100km drive. Still have my doubts about the date of the Munich tour??.
fq said:
Thanks for all the responses/info. We will not have any luggage checked (only carry on). But you are right, that is cutting it too close. Any idea on cab fare to Dingolfing from the airport?

Thanks.
Yamil, thanks for the post. It looks like we will be arriving at Munich around the same time. You are right, I will need to get the car first and then see if I can make it to the tour in Dingolfing. If not, I will have to do it on my next ED. I was planning on driving down to Venice the same day so would not be able to make it to the Munich tour on the 25th. Hope to see you at the delivery center.
yamilrx said:
FQ I believe you are picking up on the 24th like me. If you miss that pick up date/time because of the Dingolfing tour you are stuck not picking up until the following monday. That is way I gave up my 11am tour since I am coming in at 8am that same day. I'd rather pick up the car and miss the tour than risk not making it on time to the pick up center. I was able to get a Munich tour at 1pm on the 25th, they confirmed by phone twice that it was ok eventhough it is a Holiday. It probably won't be as good as the Dingolfing tour but it is all I can get. I am sure cab fare will run you in the 100's of euros since it is a 100km drive. Still have my doubts about the date of the Munich tour??.
FQ, just be careful on your timing. The traffic on the Autobahn in Germany heading down towards the brenner pass is terrible. I spent the first hour in my new car in a traffic jam. There was at least a 2 mile, 2 lane backup all from skiers going to Innsbruck for the weekend. We didn't make it into Verona until around 6PM, and we started out leaving Harms around noon I think. Venice is an hour or two further than Verona. It will be a lot of driving (Lots of fun driving though :) ). Good luck.
fq said:
I was planning on driving down to Venice the same day so would not be able to make it to the Munich tour on the 25th. Hope to see you at the delivery center.
My plan is to make a loop: to Venice, Monte Carlo, Lugano, and driving through Switzerland back to Munich. I wonder if doing it in reverse would let me avoid the bad traffic. Thanks for the info.
icemanjs4 said:
FQ, just be careful on your timing. The traffic on the Autobahn in Germany heading down towards the brenner pass is terrible. I spent the first hour in my new car in a traffic jam. There was at least a 2 mile, 2 lane backup all from skiers going to Innsbruck for the weekend. We didn't make it into Verona until around 6PM, and we started out leaving Harms around noon I think. Venice is an hour or two further than Verona. It will be a lot of driving (Lots of fun driving though :) ). Good luck.
You will be cutting it very close. I landed Munich about 8am, rode the train directly to the delivery center, picked up car, drove directly to Harms, then directly to Dingolfing. It took about an hour on the autobahn to get to Dingolfing from Harms. I barely made it for my 2pm tour. Good luck!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.