BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Nothing specific
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 100,000 miles on my 2003 325Ci, basically all high-speed highway driving. The windshield looks like it has been sandblasted, and is actually hard to see through in certain lighting conditions. I have been thinking of just throwing a baseball through it and telling the insurance company "Duh, err, gee, dunno what happened!", but that would be unethical, so I guess I'll just pay for it myself.

Anyone know how much a windshield replacement would cost? No rain sensor.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Given you're in MA, I'd ask the insurance company. I know out of pocket it's probably ~300-500. JN Philips might be able to give you a recommendation regarding ways to get insurance coverage as I would imagine this can lead to you not passing the annual inspection.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
If you don't mind driving to Queens, NY there are tons of junkyards next to the Shea Stadium which I am sure will have a windshield for your car. And at a very cheap price too.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Call your insurance company. I'm pretty sure MA has a mandated windshield replacement program run by all of the insurance companies. You'll have to pay the deductible.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Call your insurance company. I'm pretty sure MA has a mandated windshield replacement program run by all of the insurance companies. You'll have to pay the deductible.
Yeah, but if he has a $500 deduct like I do then it is best to take care of it out of pocket and keep the claim off your insurance. Just my 2 cents.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,253 Posts
Just replaced the windshield in my wife`s `98 E36.....SafeLite came to the house and did the job for $254.90 , clean & perfect install. IMHO, it`s not worth filing an insurance claim for that amount of money.

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
243 Posts
I agree with Bob

·
Registered
108 Posts
My deductable is 250, so I probalby would :-D 5.10$ Thats a whole case of moutain dew dude!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts