BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
eboller said:
I would just get the Z2 over the Z5. Swirl marks may be inevitable but you shouldn't be getting them within the first year imo. I've gone 6 months and no swirls.
I would say go with Z5 over Z2. As often discussed, Z5 has almost the same "optical clarity" as Z2, plus it works better as a filler. As a minor note, Z5 can also work on non-clear coated cars, meaning you might be able to Zaino your older vehicles (more than 5 years old) with it.

After 6-months, you would be extremely lucky not to have swirls (or you've got a light colored car and can't see them very well). Jet Black owners know what I mean. Even with a California Water Blade, microfiber towels and wash mits and never taking the car to a car wash or having the dealer prep it, I've still got some areas that have light swirls, although they're hidden pretty well under Z5. I think the CWB helps the most. Swirls are all about drying the car, I've found, not washing it. Just my experience.

--gary

·
Registered
590 Posts
eboller said:

Mine is steel grey metallic. Maybe the metallic has helped with the lack of swirls, but really under any light I can't see anything that comes close to being called a swirl mark. I have gotten a couple of minor "scratches" (hardly anything) but nothing that I would think of as a swirl mark. Maybe I've just been lucky--not to mention, being in Dallas I don't tend to get much more than dust on my car. Maybe after a rainy winter I'll see more problems.
If you want to be a masochist, use a halogen light. :)

Under the halogen I could see all my microscratches, as well as areas that I didn't clean properly.

Be glad you don't have Jet Black. It's unforgiving.

--gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts