rotors: 0.80 in

I believe...
You should KNOW, you've had them replaced what 4 times already:dunno:

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CCs328Ci said:
I know they will not replace them free unless your light is on
I'm going to have them measure them on monday... I'm also goign to explain that I'm going on a rather long road trip up to boston and that I will be quite annoyed it the light comes on during that time.

How thick are the pads/rotors when new?

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

I'm going to have them measure them on monday... I'm also goign to explain that I'm going on a rather long road trip up to boston and that I will be quite annoyed it the light comes on during that time.

How thick are the pads/rotors when new?
I want mine replaced before I pass 36000 miles, I only have like 300 to go...I know the service advisor well..but he said they can't do it unless the light is on....I remember when something broke on my car. On every warranty item they return the old one to justify the new one. I guess so they are not getting shit on :dunno:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
CCs328Ci said:
Not true.

If you complain of a "grinding noise" or any other general problems, they will.

My last Full Maintainance job was all pads and all rotors without the light. I had a "strange pedal feel" and "occasional grinding" Also replaced some damged bushings....

:D

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
CCs328Ci said:

I want mine replaced before I pass 36000 miles, I only have like 300 to go...I know the service advisor well..but he said they can't do it unless the light is on....I remember when something broke on my car. On every warranty item they return the old one to justify the new one. I guess so they are not getting shit on :dunno:
Ride the brakes all the way down every hill :p

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
nate328Ci said:

Not true.

If you complain of a "grinding noise" or any other general problems, they will.

My last Full Maintainance job was all pads and all rotors without the light. I had a "strange pedal feel" and "occasional grinding" Also replaced some damged bushings....

:D
well I have no grinding sounds

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CCs328Ci said:

well I have no grinding sounds
Nate's service advisor is his *****. I think there's no question on this one. :p

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CCs328Ci said:

I was wrong.. I have 140 miles before I am shit out of luck for brakes :(
Maybe you should get out a sander. :p

·
TMS Grand-AM Cup Crew
457 Posts
Wrong

CCs328Ci said:
Not true. I brought my car in after 36K for warpped rotors. I had only used 25% of my pads so they only replaced the rotors.

Brought the car back in 5K later cause some idiot used an airgun to put the wheels on and the rotors warpped again.

They replaced pads and rotors for free.

Pad light never came on.

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Re: Wrong

Daniel said:

Not true. I brought my car in after 36K for warpped rotors. I had only used 25% of my pads so they only replaced the rotors.

Brought the car back in 5K later cause some idiot used an airgun to put the wheels on and the rotors warpped again.

They replaced pads and rotors for free.

Pad light never came on.
thats a whole different situation, my brakes are still great...now if my light comes on 40k, then its past..I have had zero problems with my pad, rotors...:dunno:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts