BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a creaking sound coming from my headliner just over my driver's window and it is driving me nut. The material is very soft on this side compared to the passenger's side so when I press on it I can reproduce the noise. What I want to do is put some foam behind it so that it doesn't move and I think that should fix the problem. So my question:

How can I access just this part of the headliner by just removing the minimum to lower the portion over the driver's window? There is a seal that goes all around the window that seems to hold it in place (like a velvet material), I'm guessing that I have to remove that first. Is it only pressed in and all I have to do is pull it out using some tool? After that, can I just push down the headliner a bit or it is still clipped or screwed somewhere near the driver's window? All I want is a small opening so that I can push some foam behind it, I don't need too much.

Thanks for your help =)

·
Drive it like u stole it!
804 Posts
Take it to the dealer and let them deal with the problem. As long as you can reproduce the noise, they should fix it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take it to the dealer and let them deal with the problem. As long as you can reproduce the noise, they should fix it.
No they wont do anything, they want me to pay half an hour of work for them to do that. They say once your passed 25000km, the "noise warranty" is over and anything that is not broken producing a noise is not covered. I say its bull****, but hey, what can I do. It doesn't seem like a big job anyway so might just do it myself.

·
///Multiple
4,525 Posts
Take it to a different dealer.

·
804 Posts
+1

·
804 Posts
I have to look in my paperwork and see where the "noise warranty" is for my car. Talk to the service manager at the dealership too......or call BMWNA..... Did you see your noise warranty that expires before the bumper to bumper warranty?? lol......I cant stop laughing at that bullcrap that they threw at you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to look in my paperwork and see where the "noise warranty" is for my car. Talk to the service manager at the dealership too......or call BMWNA..... Did you see your noise warranty that expires before the bumper to bumper warranty?? lol......I cant stop laughing at that bullcrap that they threw at you.
Believe me, I tried and even talked with the manager, but they would do anything. I would love to go to another dealer, but there are none in my area. I would have to wait until I go back to where I'm from in a month. They always say they don't hear it too and I told them to push on the headliner and see how soft it is compared to the other side, but they keep coming at me with "its not broken, so we can't change it or repair it". Apparently all noise have to be fixed before the 25000km mark.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
Bummer.

·
///Multiple
4,525 Posts
Did you buy this BMW new or is it a CPO? This dealer is telling you bull****. Call BMW NA and tell them what this dealer is telling you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts