BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stupid of me. I took the tranny apart. Now I can't assemble it. Since BMW does not publish a shop manual, how do I get the info? Thanks so much

·
Go Gators
10,339 Posts
And you took your transmission apart, why?:confused:

Even if you decided to randomly take your transmission apart, didnt your daddy ever teach you to always take something apart by putting all the pieces back the way they were on the floor?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
go ahead and tease me

I was having problem with the shift fork. I took pics each step during taking it apart. Putting it together is a dfferent story.

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
Follow the advice in all Chilton's manual: for assembly, reverse procedure. :)

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must have the wrong chilton

I have Haynes and Chilton on the Z4, 330.... Neither showed how to assemble. Does yours show it? Please let me know. Thanks so much

·
Im here
4,825 Posts
You are going to have to contact ZF industries and see if they will get you a build sheet for it, bmw Im betting does not have the info since they do not tear transmissions down in house to the best of my knowledge

·
///M 'n it up!
1,738 Posts
:thumbdwn:
01silber said:
... bmw Im betting does not have the info since they do not tear transmissions down in house to the best of my knowledge
Now that I think about it, I've also heard that BMW does not publish re-build info for their transmissions. They only do a trade and replace. So a transmisison rebuild may not be included in their published info. :thumbdwn:

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
wildag said:
Any reason we can make that doc an attachment to this thread?
I'd like to see it. Personally, I'd rather rebuild a xmsn than repair a dent!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts