BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear everyone.

I just know how to using NCS Expert to coding my 2005 BMW X5 E53.
recently, i want to auto-unlock doors when i turning ignition off.

does any one know how to make it happen?

i don't know which variable could be doing this?

i search from google. someone say change "ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR" located in the CAS module.

but i can't find this in my E53 module.

·
Registered
12,385 Posts
Dear everyone.

I just know how to using NCS Expert to coding my 2005 BMW X5 E53.
recently, i want to auto-unlock doors when i turning ignition off.

does any one know how to make it happen?

i don't know which variable could be doing this?

i search from google. someone say change "ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR" located in the CAS module.

but i can't find this in my E53 module.
Problem with what you found on google is...your generation BMW does NOT have a CAS (car access system) module. CAS is a module used in the new generation BMW's communication bus system where they have way more modules and include the LIN, MOST, and BSD busses...which again, our generation BMWs don't have.

More than likely...without installing some aftermarket component...you''ll probably have to "program" the driver to:
  1. right after moving gear select lever into park...
  2. press central lock/unlock button on center console before...
  3. moving hand away from general vicinity of button to turn the ignition off...
  4. repeat the "driver programming" instructions above until "burned" into consciousness. :D

But seriously, this discussion has gone on many times before across multiple BMW forums. AUTO UNLOCK is not on the list for the e38/e39/e46/e53 generation BMWs.

In the BMW communication bus topological charts below...you can see how the "new generation" e60 communication bus has the CAS module (upper left column)...along with the other myriad of modules that coincide with their increased complexity and need to flow communication:

You don't give any indication of which model e53 X5 you have...but depending on if you have the high cluster or low cluster...the images below show the I/K/M/P/CAN/Diangostic bus (high)...or bus system for the low cluster (K/KOMBI):

1 - 2 of 2 Posts