·
Premium Member
40,055 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Doubt in the guide

Hello,
as it seems possible, I plan to code my NBT unit (F20) to be able to stream music via bluetooth. To do so I will follow the guide that shawnsheridan kindly posted in the post #7 of this thread.
Regarding this I have a doubt in the step 6, where it says Delete/add FA from the bottom left window. What does this mean exactly? Do I need to click somewhere before click apply changes icon?

Any help would be very welcomed.
Thanks! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
40,055 Posts
Hello,
as it seems possible, I plan to code my NBT unit (F20) to be able to stream music via bluetooth. To do so I will follow the guide that shawnsheridan kindly posted in the post #7 of this thread.
Regarding this I have a doubt in the step 6, where it says Delete/add FA from the bottom left window. What does this mean exactly? Do I need to click somewhere before click apply changes icon?

Any help would be very welcomed.
Thanks! :thumbup:
Remove 6NH, add 6NS, VO Code HU_NBT:

E-Sys - VO Coding Guide.pdf:
https://mega.nz/#!EgIFAZKb!H12P6g_2pCAFeH-GbDYEjcewfBTz_j4BT5UCMxck1bw

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the prompt reply shawnsheridan.
If i got it right, basically what I have to do in the bottom window is to replace the string 6NH with 6NS. This is it?

Thanks again for your help!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
40,055 Posts
Thanks for the prompt reply shawnsheridan.
If i got it right, basically what I have to do in the bottom window is to replace the string 6NH with 6NS. This is it?

Thanks again for your help!:thumbup:
Do as I wrote and follow the Guide I gave you. You must code Head Unit after changing FA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do as I wrote and follow the Guide I gave you. You must code Head Unit after changing FA.
Thank you very much shawnsheridan. I did as you wrote step by step and the music plays nicely via the bluetooth.
One thing I observed is that i lost some of the coding options I had coded in the past, such as remeber the start/stop option, start always in ECO, day lights, etc. Is this normal/expected? Do I just need to code these options again?
One last question, during the bluetooth playback is there any way to show the album covers on the screen?

Again, thank you very much for your help!

·
Premium Member
40,055 Posts
Thank you very much shawnsheridan. I did as you wrote step by step and the music plays nicely via the bluetooth.
One thing I observed is that i lost some of the coding options I had coded in the past, such as remeber the start/stop option, start always in ECO, day lights, etc. Is this normal/expected? Do I just need to code these options again?
One last question, during the bluetooth playback is there any way to show the album covers on the screen?

Again, thank you very much for your help!
VO Coding overrides FDL Coding. Go back and make your FDL Codes.

With NBT, you will not have Bluetooth Albumn Art.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know what could be the problem with playlists if you use google music or any other audio player on NBT EVO id5 through bluetooth. I had no such issues on my F11 and F34 with NBT. Now on my F26 with NBT Evo id5 I don't have a playlist but current song and skip back/forward possibility, no filters, no shuffle. Tried several phones and android versions. Same phones work well with old NBT. If i hook up SSD via usb all is ok. AVRCP in phones changed 1.3 - 1.4 - 1.5 -1.6, no luck. Initially I've got f26 (11/2016) with 6NH, then I tried both 6NW and 6NS with same issue. BT updated with last version from bmwupdate.com. BTW screen mirroring works ok.

Any help would be very appreciated. Possibly remote coding or anything else.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
G20 instructions

I've been reading this thread and lots of others, just want someone to check my understanding of what I need to do to get Enhanced Bluetooth option please....

First, I have G20 with iDrive 7. I can do most things but can't send SMS messages, Bluetooth streaming is limited (only can start music from iPhone, no cover art), and want the 2nd phone option. I DON'T have the wireless charging pad (or NFC) and AFAIK don't have the passenger microphone. (I'd like to retrofit the wireless charging option eventually if I can determine if the wiring is in place?)

So the steps I *think* I need to do are:

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Save => Activate FA (VO) => Right-click FA - Calculate FP => Expand FA List on left, to SALAPA-element => add 6NW to bottom left window, and click apply changes icon => calculate FP again => Save FA => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on Head Unit ECU (MGU?) (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE (Not Code FDL).

Am I correct in the above? Is there anything else?

Also is 6NW the right code for me (ie without the wireless charger) or should I use 6NS?

One other concern is that I don't want to wipe out anything set up like WiFi or Connected Music so can I revert completely back if something goes wrong?

·
Premium Member
40,055 Posts
I've been reading this thread and lots of others, just want someone to check my understanding of what I need to do to get Enhanced Bluetooth option please....

First, I have G20 with iDrive 7. I can do most things but can't send SMS messages, Bluetooth streaming is limited (only can start music from iPhone, no cover art), and want the 2nd phone option. I DON'T have the wireless charging pad (or NFC) and AFAIK don't have the passenger microphone. (I'd like to retrofit the wireless charging option eventually if I can determine if the wiring is in place?)

So the steps I *think* I need to do are:

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Save => Activate FA (VO) => Right-click FA - Calculate FP => Expand FA List on left, to SALAPA-element => add 6NW to bottom left window, and click apply changes icon => calculate FP again => Save FA => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on Head Unit ECU (MGU?) (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE (Not Code FDL).

Am I correct in the above? Is there anything else?

Also is 6NW the right code for me (ie without the wireless charger) or should I use 6NS?

One other concern is that I don't want to wipe out anything set up like WiFi or Connected Music so can I revert completely back if something goes wrong?
Yes. For G20 with MGU Head Unit, I would use 6NW.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes. For G20 with MGU Head Unit, I would use 6NW.
Thanks, and will it cause any problems (control messages or errors) because I haven't got the wireless charging pad or, I presume, the 2nd microphone?

Also just to be certain (as I've seen different things in videos/instructions) my step at the end I choose "Code" and not "Code NCD" ?

·
Premium Member
40,055 Posts
Thanks, and will it cause any problems (control messages or errors) because I haven't got the wireless charging pad or, I presume, the 2nd microphone?

Also just to be certain (as I've seen different things in videos/instructions) my step at the end I choose "Code" and not "Code NCD" ?
I'm not going to speculate. Code it and see what you get. 2nd Mic can be FDL Coded out if need be. Process can be reversed if you do not like results.

Yes, Code note Code NCD.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm not going to speculate. Code it and see what you get. 2nd Mic can be FDL Coded out if need be. Process can be reversed if you do not like results.

Yes, Code note Code NCD.
Great, thanks for your help. I'll give it a go. Fingers crossed my software versions will work nicely.

·
Registered
49 Posts
OK guys so I failed at the first hurdle more or less....so the process I was trying to follow was...

I connected OK, read and saved the FA but when I got to Activate FO it just seemed to fail. The green bar filled up several times but just kept going. How long does it normally take to Activate FA, seemed pretty quick in vids I've seen. I gave it a good 20 mins or so but think the process was in a wait state. Annoyingly the Cancel button was greyed out and nothing else would work so I had to kill the process in the end.

Any ideas? It's a G20 btw. When I read the FA I chose the last S18A that wasn't Direct.

·
Premium Member
40,055 Posts
OK guys so I failed at the first hurdle more or less....so the process I was trying to follow was...

I connected OK, read and saved the FA but when I got to Activate FO it just seemed to fail. The green bar filled up several times but just kept going. How long does it normally take to Activate FA, seemed pretty quick in vids I've seen. I gave it a good 20 mins or so but think the process was in a wait state. Annoyingly the Cancel button was greyed out and nothing else would work so I had to kill the process in the end.

Any ideas? It's a G20 btw. When I read the FA I chose the last S18A that wasn't Direct.
It should take about 2 seconds.

Use E-Sys Direct, no Launcher, and run with Admin Rights.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It should take about 2 seconds.

Use E-Sys Direct, no Launcher, and run with Admin Rights.
OK I had another go, with much more success. I think the Admin rights made the difference. Thanks for the tip.

I went through the whole process and managed to code 6NW. Now I'm not sure it was exactly what I wanted though...

I can now see an entry in the HU for the Wireless Charger (to set the Forgotten Phone Warning) which I don't have anyway yet. But I now see Contacts pictures, which is good. But I'm not convinced the Enhanced Bluetooth has worked...I don't see a number (ie 1 or 2) next to my mobile device, though I haven't tried a 2nd device yet. And the most important thing that I wanted was to read SMS text messages, which still don't seem to be viewable, ...or replyable to except when one actually comes through [EDIT this is when I'm in Carplay only] and then only via Siri. Is this how it should be or is there something else I need to code?? Should I have done 6NS as well perhaps?

UPDATE - So I tested a 2nd phone and was able to pair it successfully. My first phone is an iPhone, the second an Android. Surprisingly on the Android phone I can see text messages! This was what I wanted for my iPhone but my iPhone still stubbornly refuses to let me see text messages. And the other thing is that I'm unable to get Mirrorlink working with the Android phone. On the phone the mirrorlink seems to be USB only but when I plug the USB in then the car says "Unrecognised USB device" or something like that although it sees the phone in the sources list fine just not for mirrorlink.

961 - 980 of 1026 Posts