BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1026 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone,

After coding 6NL option in my BMW with esys and a ENET cable, I tried to code 6NL on my mom's F20. I did every step and after coding «HU_ENTRY» I got an error message. And at this moment, I realized the car is not equipped with the COMBOX...
The problem is that now I can't go back to factory setting and the Head unit is all messed up. I can't open windows, I lost the phone and contacts on the HU. I even have the «spirit of ecstasy» setting to open and close it.
I want to revert the HU to factory settings in order to have all basics fonctions.
What can I do ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone,

After coding 6NL option in my BMW with esys and a ENET cable, I tried to code 6NL on my mom's F20. I did every step and after coding «HU_ENTRY» I got an error message. And at this moment, I realized the car is not equipped with the COMBOX...
The problem is that now I can't go back to factory setting and the Head unit is all messed up. I can't open windows, I lost the phone and contacts on the HU. I even have the «spirit of ecstasy» setting to open and close it.
I want to revert the HU to factory settings in order to have all basics fonctions.
What can I do ?

·
Premium Member
40,082 Posts
Hello everyone,

What can I do ?
You need to inject CAFD into HU_ENTRY and VO Code it to fix it.

·
Premium Member
40,082 Posts
Thank you so much I will try that ! But how do you Inject CAFD into HU_ENTRY ?
Do you bother to search forum? :dunno: I have written how, dozens of times.

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on HU_ENTRY => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown (bottom one) => Select OK => Right-Click on HU_ENTRY (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

Injecting CAFD (Detect CAF for SWE) and Flashing ECU's with >= v.4.17.20 PSdZData requires using newer E-Sys 3.30.0 or higher.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you bother to search forum? :dunno: I have written how, dozens of times.

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on HU_ENTRY => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown (bottom one) => Select OK => Right-Click on HU_ENTRY (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

Injecting CAFD (Detect CAF for SWE) and Flashing ECU's with >= v.4.17.20 PSdZData requires using newer E-Sys 3.30.0 or higher.
Sorry, I had E-Sys 3.29 and couldn't find the the "Detect CAF for SWE" button. :cry:

It worked though ! Thank you so much, you're a magician !

·
Premium Member
40,082 Posts
Sorry, I had E-Sys 3.29 and couldn't find the the "Detect CAF for SWE" button. :cry:

It worked though ! Thank you so much, you're a magician !
:thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! Changing from 6NHA to 6NS is the same possible?
Car has entry Nav. I also read that without 6NS we cannot have the office menu. Is that correct?

·
Premium Member
40,082 Posts
Hi! Changing from 6NHA to 6NS is the same possible?
Car has entry Nav. I also read that without 6NS we cannot have the office menu. Is that correct?
Yes, code for 6NS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just wanted to report success enabling EBT on my 2014 F11 with HU_CHAMP2 & CMB_MEDIA. Many thanks to all involved in helping us achieve this, in particular shawnsheridan; we'd all be very lost without you!

Some things to note from my experience:
- I have the SOS button so I coded 6NL
- In my F11 the combox is on the left hand side of the boot (trunk) behind the removeable side cover. Hoping this may help others identify if they have a combox.
- I used a 2018 Macbook Pro running Windows 10 in bootcamp with a USB-C to USB-A adapter & a USB-A to ethernet adapter (I already owned these so used what I had). I did not have to mess around with any network settings like you would in a VM, the ENET cable connected with no fuss.
- You'll likely need to remove any bluetooth devices already connected to the vehicle, enable Bluetooth audio in media settings then re-pair your device to get audio streaming working after coding
- The only real 'gotcha' I came across was in step 3 when reading FA, the edit button was greyed out. I soon learned that you must save FA first then you can edit it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I want to code EBT onto my F20 11/2016 with business navigation (606), I think it should be HU_ENTRYNAV. The car is already equipped with 6NH.

Is 6NS the correct code? It's a german car.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
40,082 Posts
Hi guys,

I want to code EBT onto my F20 11/2016 with business navigation (606), I think it should be HU_ENTRYNAV. The car is already equipped with 6NH.

Is 6NS the correct code? It's a german car.

Thanks in advance!
Yes, use 6NS if it is HU_ENTRYNAV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you so much shawnsheridian for your answer and for sharing your knowledge across this forum! :thumbup:

It worked like a charm. Only thing I had to code afterwards is that only one microphone is mounted in the car (to eliminate the error that was being thrown by HU_ENTRYNAV).

·
Premium Member
40,082 Posts
Thank you so much shawnsheridian for your answer and for sharing your knowledge across this forum! :thumbup:

It worked like a charm. Only thing I had to code afterwards is that only one microphone is mounted in the car (to eliminate the error that was being thrown by HU_ENTRYNAV).
:thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I have a F10 523i 2011
Can you please help me for adjust EBT
I should change fa to 6n?
(the headunit is hu-cic with mulf
There’s no cmb-media item in Svt)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Salve, ho una bmw f31 del 2012, volevo espandere il bluetooth da 6nh a 6nl. Sul navigatore, nei media, compare il controllo audio bluetooth ma non riesco a collegare il cellulare perché il modulo telefono non funziona più. Suggerimenti?

·
Premium Member
40,082 Posts
Hi
I have a F10 523i 2011
Can you please help me for adjust EBT
I should change fa to 6n?
(the headunit is hu-cic with mulf
There’s no cmb-media item in Svt)
I ask from iran 🙏(the car is Persian Gulf version)
Caralreadyy has EBT. Option 633 is Enhanced Bluetooth telephone functionality with Telematics for Europe.

If you are trying to stream music though, a car with CIC and MULF cannot. You must have Combox instead of MULF.

1001 - 1020 of 1026 Posts