BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,902 Posts
Tag light? License plate light? Just pry out the fixture.

Beamer = what they call Bimmers in SoCal.

·
Entwicklung 39
4,136 Posts
Mine just went south on me today also. I've read that if you spray some lube in and around the fixture, it will make it easier to slide to the right (using a trim tool or a tape-covered screwdriver) so that you can then pop it out and replace the 5W bulb.

(I did a search and found everything I needed to know, Thank you forums!)

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
I did a search and found everything I needed
Using slash-F3, I found this in five seconds:

- Trunklid open, CHECK LICPLATE light, and other trunk wiring loom woes (1) (2) (3)

·
97' 540i
332 Posts
Yep, just slide it to the right...one side is (spring loaded) so push it and move it down.

.. while your at it, put in some LED's... did this a few weeks ago, and looks great.

·
25,199 Posts
This is my second Beamer and I love them!!!
Ummm... yeah, you're obviously new to BMW terminology (your 'second beamer'?????????).
(If you only knew what that sounds like. I mean, if it was your first 'beamer', we might excuse it easily ... but your second?).

Now guys, I don't wanna haf'ta 'always' be the wicked old witch ...

So, someone step up please ...

Who'se gonna tell this person the difference between:

• bimmer
  • beemer
  • and ... uh ... beamer
:)

·
25,199 Posts
I just looked. It's in the bestlinks already:
- Bimmer vs. Beamer explained

EDIT: I just read that entire article so that I'd know what the OP would be reading. Just for the record, I have plenty of friends who have both bimmers and beemers ... and none of them would be caught dead with a beamer. But, apparently we don't 100% agree with that article ... but either way, it should be instructive to the OP (who may really want to consider changing his login because nobody is ever gonna take him seriously even if he also owns a beemer).

If somebody calls your car a Beamer, you may want to correct them if you care at all about how foolish they appear to be... I mean I'm sure I would want to be told if i was confusing a car with a motorcycle or I had a sesame seed stuck between my front teeth or something.
If you decide to try to correct someone else less in the know than yourself, please be gentle. Remember, they don't have to call your car a Bimmer.
This issue can be very sensitive to some people who will absolutely insist that they drive a four wheeled Beemer. If you get into an argument with somebody... from let's say California... just let it go, say "let's agree to disagree" or something like that, and be secure in the knowledge that you will never embarass yourself again by calling a Bimmer a Beemer.
Thank you for your support.

·
Registered
13,402 Posts
I think the instructions are also in the owners manual...if you don't have one...you can download a manual in PDF format. Many e39 manuals & supplemental booklets can be found at the bottom of the left column at www.e38.org/e39 . If your model year is NOT listed...download the owners manual that is CLOSEST to your model year. You won't miss a thing. :)

see far right column in image below from owners manual

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.