BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got the emergency call malfunction and did some research on what it was. Found out about this little battery located in the TCU. I found nothing in how to change it or where the TCU was located on the F31 so I started to take my car apart. I found the TCU under the front most trunk liner. This job was very easy to complete and took no tools. Ordered the battery on FCP Euro, changed it and boom the warning was gone. If anyone has any questions I will be happy to anwser.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got the emergency call malfunction and did some research on what it was. Found out about this little battery located in the TCU. I found nothing in how to change it or where the TCU was located on the F31 so I started to take my car apart. I found the TCU under the front most trunk liner. This job was very easy to complete and took no tools. Ordered the battery on FCP Euro, changed it and boom the warning was gone. If anyone has any questions I will be happy to anwser.
Could you please give us a little more attention on how to do this?. Where is it located,, is it difficult to do this,,, and how old was your auto? Thanks for adding this also,,,,

·
Registered
41 Posts
Could you please give us a little more attention on how to do this?. Where is it located,, is it difficult to do this,,, and how old was your auto? Thanks for adding this also,,,,
In my '17 340i its located in the trunk just behind the seats under the carpet. I believe there is a door on the TCU to replace the battery,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts