BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have an X3 with beige leather seats. It's a '14 and over the years, some discoloration from jeans and daily use has occurred. It's not the worst problem in the world, but I'm wondering if you all have experience with a particular product and technique to get the seats and side-door panels looking new(er)? If it's problematic, I'll live with the interior the way it is, rather than worsen the problem. Any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
There are a couple of good videos on YouTube on how to clean the interior and the products they recommend . Just do a search.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I saw some and as we know, there's a lot of misinformation on YouTube vids. So if any of you BMW owners have specific experience or reccos on the topic, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
When cleaning or polishing anything, the rule is to use the mildest product that gets the job done. If a mild product doesn't work, graduate up to the next stronger one.

My beater has a light gray leather interior, and my skin's so oily that I can go swimming and not get wet. I use Mother's Leather cleaner. I also use in on the interior vinyl. Mother's also make a leather conditioner. The cleaner and conditioner comes together in a kit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also agree Meguiars is a good product, separate cleaner and conditioners. Some come as a cleaner and conditioner in one - I've used Lexol, Leather Deep Cleaner, and even the Turtle Wax Power Out leather - with the scatch free attached brush. I think it's a rather stiff brush. Dakota leather is very tough, and I've used soft bristled brushes on it with no problem (beige leather). The previous owner was a heavy smoker, so I had to do some real aggressive cleaning, multiple times, to get it back to fresh. Don't be afraid to scrub it well. Of course, always test on an inconspicuous spot first, and recommend using separate soft cloth for cleaning, applying conditioner, and then final buff, if you want.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Lederpflege from Nexzett is an excellent product for removing stains from lighter colored dyed leathers. Here's a link: https://www.detailersdomain.com/products/nextzett-leather-care-lederpflege

I've also used Lexol Leather Cleaner with some success. I've not tried the Meguiar's leather products (owned by 3M) which I understand are excellent. Don't use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser as it is abrasive and will remove any gloss from factory leather. Yes, the stain will be gone, but you'll be left with a dull patch. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts