BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got some cement spots on the hood while passing cement guy, who decided to wash his dirt onto upcoming traffic. :mad:
It was few big spots at the beginning, then I quickly washed it (should did it better! :(), but in a few days I've discovered a lot of small splashes all over the hood. And now it's much more difficult to get them off.. I've removed 90% of that cement, but remaining 10% doesn't want to go..
I washed the car using Turtle ZipWax car wash, then rubbed spots with wet clean sponge with quite heavy pressure.

Anyone could suggest what to use and how?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
If you don't regularly detail your own car, have experience with claying the car and have used a wide range of products and processes, I'd try and find a good detailer to take a look and give you an opinion/quote.

As much as I would love to do many of these things myself, I don't always have the time, so there's always someone better suited for a job like this when it comes up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,500 Posts
The professional route is probably the best.

Haven't used but check this:

http://topoftheline.com/cement-concrete-remover-auto.html

Reading the sugar reference you might try a bit of Coca Cola in an obscure spot.

Southern legend has it that Coke is good to strip road film off your windshield!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
I know Muriatic acid is used to remove residue, not on cars thought. But I'd try WD-40, just spray liberally and wait a few, then with a rag hopefully it'll come off. Just look for anything that can break down cement without damaging the soft car panels or the paint.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
I know Muriatic acid is used to remove residue, not on cars thought. But I'd try WD-40, just spray liberally and wait a few, then with a rag hopefully it'll come off. Just look for anything that can break down cement without damaging the soft car panels or the paint.
If not planning a respray.
Leave the acid alone!
Soaking in wd might work.
 

·
The Driver
Joined
·
4,641 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top