BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How to clean console rubbery "cup" in my E90

1078 6
How do you guys clean that "cup" in your E90? Please see my awesome photo with impressive blue arrow.

I could use Armorall or something similar but is there a better way?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I would think any interior detail spray would be OK applied with MF towel.
I use ONR & MF. Then again, I use ONR for a lot of things now, clay lube, quick detailer, various interior trim/parts, rinseless wash, home window tracks/sills, home molding, whatever really. I think I have 3 bottles that I keep around the place! Talk about bang for buck.
How do you guys clean that "cup" in your E90? Please see my awesome photo with impressive blue arrow.

I could use Armorall or something similar but is there a better way?
I use a cirtus based APC (all purpose cleaner) mixed one part cleaner to ten parts water. I careful spray into the cup area, use a thin paint brush to move the cleaner around and loosen everything up, the take a MF towel and clean it out. My question is in most all of the cars I detail, the inserts can be removed. Makes it eral easy to clean under warm water and soap or APC

Oh and thanks for the blue arrow made it an lot easier to see the area..LOL
I use Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner (APC) diluted 10:1. Spray carefully onto the area and use a microfiber towel to wipe. If the area is too sticky, agitate with with soft brush, then wipe.
How do you guys clean that "cup" in your E90? Please see my awesome photo with impressive blue arrow. I could use Armorall or something similar but is there a better way?
Thanks guys for all the replies. They were all very helpful.

Someone mentioned ONR. What the heck is that? I would guess MF is a microfiber towel?

Finally, does this cup come out? If so, how? If it does remove and go back without a problem, that would certainly make it easier to clean.
Optimum No Rinse spray wash cleaner, seems highly recommended for cleaning/detailing our cars.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.