BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 330ci with Tan leather.
it looked great when it was new. but now it shown the dirt on the surface :cry:
any one give me some ideas, which product will be the best for this? easy and clean..
please let me know

Thanks

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
best is to get griots interior cleaner, and a micro fiber cloth, It will look new in minutes..Be sure to follow up with a good moisturizer..:thumbup:

·
gashlycrumb
2,550 Posts
Did you search the detailing sub-forum? There's some info there on this.

You could use a woolite:water mixture (I forget the actual ratio to use, it's in the detailing forum). For stronger cleaning I actually use Pinnacle which is kind of expensive but works great. Then follow up with conditioner.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,298 Posts
The ORIGINAL leather cleaner/conditioner:
Feibing`s Saddle Soap

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
DO NOT USE SADDLE SOAP on BMWS...say good buy to your leather, these are not saddle bags that are 3" thick its a 1'8 in of leather...

·
Keeping it surreal
43,298 Posts
DO NOT USE SADDLE SOAP on BMWS...say good buy to your leather, these are not saddle bags that are 3" thick its a 1'8 in of leather...
Not true, saddle soap is OK as long as you use it properly (just rub the foam in, then dry with a towel immediately....do not soak the leather or the stitching) Wetting the leather excessively with ANY cleaner/conditioner is detrimental and will possibly cause the leather to stretch. I used saddle soap on one of my Audis that had light grey leather and showed every little dirty scuff, etc.,and needed to be cleaned frequently.... never had a problem.

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Really In the manual its says never use saddle soap, But maybe you have a good experience?? I would not try it...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Believe it or not, I have had great luck with one of those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. It really loosens the dirt without rubbing off the color. Once loosened, you can wipe up the loose dirt with a towel. Just don't rub too hard. Works well all over the car, too. LIke shoe scuffs on the doorsills, fingerprints on the door panels, etc.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,298 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts