BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read it's possible, but I haven't found any specifics on how to perform the action of goign through all 12 presets without changing between the different FMs

·
Keeping it surreal
43,316 Posts
If you just use the "UP" or "DOWN" button, it will automatically advance right from FM1 to FM2, enabling selection of all 12 presets.

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine only seem to cycle through the FM that I am currently on. Is thsi ability limited to the model year or radio module?

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Fast Bob said:
If you just use the "UP" or "DOWN" button, it will automatically advance right from FM1 to FM2, enabling selection of all 12 presets.

Regards,
Bob
It only cycles from FM1>FM2 on 2004+ cars if I recall.

My 2003 certainly doesn't.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I had an '02 head unit that would cycle through all the FM's, and I now have an '04 unit that doesn't.

I don't have my radio's manual, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to select it through the head unit's menu or have it done at the dealership.

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
ProRail said:
The truth is out there...in the manual. Do whatever it says.
The truth is that it's only possible with certain tuners (which may be different model years in NAV vs non-NAV cars).

·
Registered
176 Posts
My 2004 with NAV only cycles through the six presets of one band.

·
Protect your (lug) nuts
4,571 Posts
my car is older.. i actually have to -gasp- reach over a press a button to change the FM setting :eeps:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts