BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry, me again

Hey, how does one know if someone has responded to a post or thread that they made? I don't know if I receive an email stating this, or if I just have to keep on refreshing the website/forum until I see someone has responded to my posts.

I tried to find my "Profile" to see if I could change anything there that might alter how I know if someone has responded to me, but I no longer can find how to change my profile, or if "profile" even contains choices of how I would be notified if someone answered a question of mine.

Okay, NEVER MIND. I just edited my settings and I can see that I will receive an email notification when someone responds to my posts.

Thanks again,

Greg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, how does one know if someone has responded to a post or thread that they made? I don't know if I receive an email stating this, or if I just have to keep on refreshing the website/forum until I see someone has responded to my posts.

I tried to find my "Profile" to see if I could change anything there that might alter how I know if someone has responded to me, but I no longer can find how to change my profile, or if "profile" even contains choices of how I would be notified if someone answered a question of mine.

Okay, NEVER MIND. I just edited my settings and I can see that I will receive an email notification when someone responds to my posts.

Thanks again,

Greg
<

Sent from my SM-G950F using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well, I did just make a post asking for help after I saw this thread which suggested that we first do a search because it is likely that my topic has already come up and many great answers have already been given. I used the "Advanced Search" feature. Nothing worked. I even used the words "coolant adventures" in my search line because I'd just seen a thread title with those two words in it and still didn't find any matches. I'd love to just find where my topic (my ac/heater constantly blows and my controls do not change it at all. It also runs even after I turn my car off) is and see what all of the advice is that has already been given. Any help with this search feature would be great.

Thanks.

Greg
I've found that using google to search the forum tends to work best for me. Go to google and enter 'site: bimmerfest.com your search terms here'

That will return results limited to the URL entered after 'site:' - seems to work much better than the site search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
I've found that using google to search the forum tends to work best for me. Go to google and enter 'site: bimmerfest.com your search terms here'

That will return results limited to the URL entered after 'site:' - seems to work much better than the site search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a great way to search any site, I don't use any built-in search engines anymore.

Just make sure when you type "site:" you don't leave a space between the colon and the URL. Example: "site:bimmerfest.com coolant adventures" if you want to search for "coolant adventures".

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sprint booster on a 2000 540i

I have the older style pre 2001 gas pedal , I remember a member posted a custom harness he made to enable the sprint booster to work
Is there a company who produces one of these harnesses or are there any members who can make one for $?
Thanks for any input

101 - 105 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.