BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How to enable ConnectedDrive

6600 Views 13 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  ezaircon4jc
So I'm super new to this forum. I just bought a 2011 CPO 535i on Friday, and ConnectedDrive isn't working. Is this something I have to turn on, or am I just an idiot?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Connect drive is free for the 1st 4 years, you will need to call BMW to sign up.
that's weird. The BMW genius that walked me through everything after I bought it didn't say anything about that. That's good to know.
To confirm, the 4 free years, comes included with used too? Are there any links or documentation anywhere on this? Just want some ammo to take to my dealer tomorrow.
Within your paperwork did you receive a Stolen Vehicle Recovery Service Certificate?
I did not. They are actually coming to get my car in the morning to put new tires on the car as part as the CPO certification. Does that have to do with ConnectedDrive?
I think CPO BMW comes with BMW Assist Emergency Call feature, which includes automatic collision notification and TeleService for the duration of Certification but I am not sure about connect drive.
To confirm, the 4 free years, comes included with used too? Are there any links or documentation anywhere on this? Just want some ammo to take to my dealer tomorrow.
Do we know if ConnectedDrive would have any relation to not being able to stream my music via Bluetooth? I've read every forum, watched every video on YouTube and still nothing. I have an iPhone 6 running the latest OS and after I pair my phone I don't have the option to enable the music streaming or to really edit anything regarding my device. Super confusing since it seems like older models have this functionality.
Call your sales person first and ask them where is your Stolen Vehicle Recovery Service Certificate. At that point they will let you know if you have it. Mine is valid from 2014-2024. I believe you have to have an active BMW Assist subscription. You can try calling 888-333-6118 to see if they have something on file for your car to activate. Also, those BMW Genius reps are not always good. They don't really give you a high level overview of the car. If you know other BMW owners they are the best resource.
I did not. They are actually coming to get my car in the morning to put new tires on the car as part as the CPO certification. Does that have to do with ConnectedDrive?
That's good stuff. I'll follow-up with them tomorrow.
I am not an expert on this subject, but I think it is a function of the enhance Bluetooth option.
Do we know if ConnectedDrive would have any relation to not being able to stream my music via Bluetooth? I've read every forum, watched every video on YouTube and still nothing. I have an iPhone 6 running the latest OS and after I pair my phone I don't have the option to enable the music streaming or to really edit anything regarding my device. Super confusing since it seems like older models have this functionality.
Depends on the build date of your car. 2011's built in 2010, or early 2011 don't have the combox that's ncessary for ad2p functionality, which is the music streaming Bluetooth standard. Go to www.bmwarchive.org, enter the last seven of your vin, & look for S6VCA. It is the combox feature. Without this, no Bluetooth streaming for music is availible for your car unless you want to retrofit the combox.
Good Luck.
Wow, your dealer installed new tires on the car as part of the Certification Process?
Mine did also; BMW of Encinitas.
Wow, your dealer installed new tires on the car as part of the Certification Process?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.