BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I know this sounds pretty dumb but I've searched high and low for information on how to actually enter the security code for the radio. I know I have to leave the key in ACC for 1 hour to reset the attempt count but have not been able to find out how to actually enter the code once this is done! :tsk: I've got the code from the dealer but I never got the user manual when buying the car :dunno:

Any help is appreciated. I've got a '95 e36 with a stock radio / 10 stack CD changer in the boot.

:cry:

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
I believe you just use the numbers for the radio preset/discs to enter it. And you have an OEM stock 10CD changer? Not fair, that's pretty cool. We only got 6 discs here.
I'll check my user manual later on today.

·
Don't ask me, I'm a sofa.
1,203 Posts
Mine was not set when I bought the car. It was a year ago but IIRC it went something like this.

You press each "preset" button the required number of times for its digit in the code.
So if your code was 123... you press 1 once, 2 twice, 3 three times, etc.
I THINK that's right.

No need to wait around for an hour either. If you get it wrong, like I did a number of times before I nailed it, then you can just pull the battery negative for a few seconds.

HTH

·
Registered
172 Posts
On my US 328is it goes like this:

If your code is 12223 you press the channel 1 button once, press the channel 2 button three times, and press the channel 3 button once. Pretty easy.

David

·
Retired Slacker
6,711 Posts
I've done that about 5 times in 3 years, just enter the code and BADA-BING!! :rofl:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts