BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
my 335 with friend
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just place my order to replace my '07 335. I need to get up to speed on the best way to track its travels. Or does one have to call my dealer, which I would rather not.

Thanks, missed you guys, been out on sick leave for a while. As you can see I have a reason to get back into the flow of all things BMW. Bimmerfest has got a pretty new face, pretty bad ass pretty.

cr

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
You can call the 800 number.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just went through the process. Dealer can give you the VIN (last 7 digits) and with this you can track online at BMWNA which is 30,000ft view and not very exciting. The 800 # gives much more up to date and detailed info. This, until it delivers to the port. At this point they lose sight of it and can not even tell you how it shipped. Dealer gave me the vessel info and the ETA to US port. Mine shipped via K Line (not W & W as was the case with the thread that Calbear gave above) I could not find an easy way to track through K Line but 1 week after the ETA to port the dealer was calling me to come pick it up. Order acknowledgement to delivery took exactly 8 weeks. Mine arrived at Port of Charleston in SC for delivery to my dealer in Indy. Not sure what to expect for west coast delivery.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
With a vessel name, you can track the progress with sailwx.info. West coast delivery (Port Hueneme, CA VPC) adds another 2-ish weeks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts