BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a bunch of error messages in the ecu. Tried to reset the ecu but it still shows the error messages.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Don't reset the ECU,
there are 2 buttons right next to each other
One is read errors the other is clear errors.

In order to get there, you need to go into the specific module. If it's the DME then pick engine and click on the corresponding menu item. then search for error memory or similar.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uh oh. The navigation screen is no longer on and I can't unlock the car or lock it with the key? I may have put the car into a battery safe mode? How do I take it out of safe mode?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Uh oh. The navigation screen is no longer on and I can't unlock the car or lock it with the key? I may have put the car into a battery safe mode? How do I take it out of safe mode?
That could be the transportation mode that is used before delivery to the customer. Not sure, I haven't played with that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I did put it into safe mode and then I put it into transport mode because I thought that's how you turn everything back on. But so far it's still not turning on all the functions such as opening the trunk with the key. Closing the trunk by pushing the automatic close trunk button doesn't work either. And also I can't lock or unlock my car using my key!!! Man how do I get it to work again?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally figured it out. I just had to leave the trunk open while turning transport mode off in the inpa software. Thanks again for the suggestions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts